Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Won’t Start (Dash Lights on)

KINGBA

Hey, New here!!

ive had some issue staring my hybrid this morning. I have the keyless entry fob, this morning put my foot on the break and the Parking Shift orange light was flashing and a Green Key Symbol. Turned it on and off several times in Neutral and it just wouldn’t drive. I also locked the car twice with me in it, the. Eventually it just worked like nothing?

anyone else had this issue??

Battery in the fob last changed when?

I think you must be in Park not Neutral to start the system.  That's what the flashing Park symbol was telling you.

Another problem maybe that you haven’t pressed hard enough on the break pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was in accessory mode, you just needed to press start, again with your foot on the brake in park

one long press or 2 quick presses with your foot on the brake is usual starting procedure

• 1 year later...

Hi I have the same issue with my 2017 yaris hybrid smart key entry. All the dash lights on will not start keys fine.pedal depressed nothing any thoughts

Flat 12V Battery ?? The car will still unlock, and the dash will light up, but it will not pull in the contactor,

Charge the Battery, low and slow

Battery is full charge and holding good ampage .I have even tried the jump leads still nothing

scan for codes ? try the spare key ? Do the brake lights work ? Will it shift out of park or do you get a warning on the dash ? any lights flashing ?

Hi tried spare key held upto start button brake lights work ,gear shift releases,all dash lights come on some go off not all, none flashing ,press pedal hard still nothing

Fob on the button until you hear the steering lock then 1 long press or 2 quick presses with your foot on the brake, what colour is the key symbol

when you put it in D do you get a shift to P light ( shift to Park on the LCD)

Do your interior lights work ?

How did you charge the 12v batttery ? And for how long ? How did you measure the amperage ?

Key symbol  is green. interior  lights work. When placed into drive shift symbol flashing. Battery was charged over night on a optimised which recovered then charged the battery 

Its not going it to ready mode - you need to scan for codes and go from there

Hi AA looked at vehicle yesterday advised it was sent straight to a dealer as they were unable to fine out what was the issue .I'm now expecting a large bill as the vehicle has to be transferred on a  trailer. This might be the last straw with this car il keep you posted 

Question:

What is the state of the traction Battery

Dash lights and no Ready light is the classic weak, rather than flat, 12v Battery which you seem to have eliminated. 

Battery is good .AA found no codes were stored in the ECU .its booked into my toyota dealer has cost £65 ALREADY,can't wait for the final bill I'll keep you posted 

I may be wrong but if your car is a 2017 reg. and in the UK is it not covered by the 5 year warranty.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi sorry it took so long to reply. Been at loggerheads with toyota about the final bill. Thier was a short between drive Battery and the inverter. They are ridding like a worm on a hook as they have changed main cable under the vehicle. the (orange) one .I'm being asked to pay £849

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mark walm said:

Hi sorry it took so long to reply. Been at loggerheads with toyota about the final bill. Thier was a short between drive battery and the inverter. They are ridding like a worm on a hook as they have changed main cable under the vehicle. the (orange) one .I'm being asked to pay £849

That’s interesting, why there is a short on the main cables? Have you hit something undercarriage, run over something? Usually these are water tight well insulated cables and unless damaged there should be no issues even going through deep waters. 👍

2 hours ago, Mark walm said:

Hi sorry it took so long to reply. Been at loggerheads with toyota about the final bill. Thier was a short between drive battery and the inverter. They are ridding like a worm on a hook as they have changed main cable under the vehicle. the (orange) one .I'm being asked to pay £849

Is your car not new enough to be covered under manufacturer warranty?

Yeah, how that could not be covered under warranty?? Unless the car is out of warranty...?

But surely they should have asked you before doing the repair - They can't do it without your permission and then charge you for it!!

It needs to be Toyota serviced and have the yearly HHC  to still be under warranty

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links