Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Gen2 Shocks and Springs

Deet

Looking abit of advise on what make of Shocks and Springs to go for on a Gen2 Prius?

Car has just hit 100K miles and they are starting to feel abit tired.

Many Thanks

Hope if you guys don't mind if i give a bit more info about what i am looking as this post has not had any responses.

I find the rear of the car sits very low when there is 2-3 people and/or a bit of weight in the boot. Springs/Shocks look in good condition and they are Genuine (Prob the original Shocks/Springs)

Just looking to know if there is a particular make or brand that has improved the feel of the back end when loaded up?

Many Thanks

Hi, I think there is nothing wrong with the car and it is a normal for that type and class vehicle to get lower when loaded especially on a rear seat and boot compartment. If your shocks and springs are in good shape don’t need to bother changing them, but if you would like you can have a look at those two links if they offer anything harder for rough terrain spec:

https://kyb-europe.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/KYB-2018-Shock-Absorbers-Version-A.pdf 

https://kyb-europe.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/KYB-2016-Coil-Spring-Catalogue.pdf  

this is KYB which most likely are the oem suppliers for your Toyota model. If you decide to buy it is also a good idea to check with Toyota dealers too for price , they are competitive sometimes, or at least for reference: 

Good luck and Happy Christmas Holidays 

• Thanks 1

Make sure neither or both of the rear springs are broken, they tend to go with age rather than mileage. SWMBO's 2006, had a rear spring break at just over 40K miles with no signs or symptoms, just showed up at MOT time.

Quite a few people on another (now defunct) Prius group I belonged to had broken springs on Gen 2 Prius.  It seemed to mostly, if not always, affect 2004-2006 models, I don't recall seeing reports of any on post face-lift 2006 models.

As Keith says, everyone reported they were unaware of it, and it was found either at an MOT, by an eagle-eye dealer (they do exist!) or when an owner checked after reading about other failures.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links