Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternator replacement

jimtaxi

I have a 2012 2.0 D4D T27 the Battery light is now constantly on and the belt is fairly new, so I am thinking the alternator is faulty,from what I can see from the top there is a slight build up of oil staining on the alternator does anyone have any idea how the alternator is removed as its at the back of the engine and looks like limited space.

Start the car, all auxiliaries off, take your multimeter, check Battery voltage, and you will see if the alternator is faulty or not.

The voltage should be around 14-14.4 if alternator is healthy.

Usually what dies in the alternators are diodes, there should not be any oil staining there, so maybe it's just dirty.

Get the voltage checked first..

Please do keep us posted once the alternator and Battery have been voltage checked..cheers

I have a 2006 D-Cat model and we had to take the right side axle (shaft maybe? Not perfect english, sorry) off to remove the alternator from below, basically the diodes change was third the price of the repair price. Had it the same way with my Corolla 2.0 D4D as well...