Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disassemble T180 dash for phone mount?

Dippy

I have the 4.3 DCAT. No satnav but a CD player which accepts 6 discs. The unit is bounded by two vertical strips of I think metal, perhaps 3x15cm. 

I’m thinking of !Removed! a phone mount to one. I may even look around for a place to tuck the charger cable in tidily as it goes down to the lighter socket. 

Do the strips just prise off or is there a more complex manner of assembly, possibly starting by removing the tailgate and (hopefully) sacrificing a few virgins under the full moon?

(in a hotel away for some days, asking to prepare for my return)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they do prise off, sharp knife under an edge and they will pop off. Stereo should be held in with 4x bolts (10mm I think). remove those to remove the stereo unit out. Loads of space behind and under.

All this is on youtube. My wife's is a 4.3 XT5 and I had a 4.3 T180 (never again for the T180 engine). Because of a loose connection on the ipod link, I could get the stereo out in a few mins 

Found on YouTube, many thanks. Best to search for “remove RAV4.3 heater control” for the next person who wants to know. 

Phone mount mounted 🙂 

puzzled though, I could have sworn that all multiplug sockets behind my 58827 were full (what an idiot, I didn’t take a photo before unplugging) and couldn’t find one before reassembly. Actually couldn’t find two which I knew was wrong but eventually found one, it had fallen down some way. I also can’t find the instructions online either for the back of the audio unit to see if I’m missing certain functions, or for the Toyota/ parrott bluetooth kit which is there. Tried turning on my phone and no bluetooth detected. 

Might dig more tomorrow. 

All the info you need used to be on here, in the pinned stuff, concerning the 4.3 which was then the current. I think a lot is still here, but possibly without pictures. 

For instance, I was trying to work out how to wire in a reversing camera to my wife's XT5. The T180 has one - and the sat nav (B9004) has the ability. The wiring loom is there to the back, its connecting it and where to plug in properly to the stereo. But - all the pics were missing

There used to be loads of info on the T180 engine (went into the SR180, also fitted to Avensis, Lexus) and how unreliable they were - hence Toyota's warranty of 8 years I think and 110,000 miles. Mine blew at 114,000 miles but 6 years, hence we came to an "arrangement" with Toyota to replace the engine.

All in all, that engine was a huge embarrassment for Toyota