Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Left indicator dashboard light failed

KazB

A week or so ago the left indicator light on the dashboard became very faint although the actual indicators are working. Tonight when I got in the car it would not start and the engine management light was on. Checked the Battery and it is totally flat so is currently on charge. So my question is this... could the failing dashboard light drain the Battery? Could it be a fuse that has gone? It was very cold last night so could that drain the Battery? Combination of the three ? I am crossing everything that come the morning and the battery goes back on the car that it starts ok. Any advice greatly appreciated

Could just be that LED lights on the dash is dying (there were few ocassions of LED lights for the indicator on the dash dying already)

How good was your Battery before, did the car start fast, or it struggled? If your Battery was old and you dont drive much, or mainly do short trips, it's very easy to discharge the Battery completely.

How long was the car sitting before you tried to start it and realised the battery was flat?

Hi Furtula not sure how old the Battery is as I have only had the car for 14 months. It has been sluggish to start the last couple of weeks and I don't do much mileage maybe 5 miles a day. The Battery is currently on charge and seems to be charging ok but will leave it overnight just in case. The car had only been sitting for about 3 hours before I realised it was flat but as I said it has been sluggish recently. I was more concerned as the engine management light was on

The colder weather we're experiencing will find out any not so good Battery, as the Battery relies on internal chemical action which less effective the colder it gets, plus the engine oil has more drag as it gets colder, all transpiring against us.

Battery being sluggish recently suggests it's not getting adequate charge, or maybe on it's last legs.  If it were the original battery, then it's done very well.

The EML coming on may be because the battery volts are low.  Technology on cars nowadays is reliant on a well charged/good battery - a low battery can give weird warning lights/messages.  I have a friend with an Aygo, maybe a year older than yours, and the recent low battery threw up a number of warning lights.

It just seems the Battery is on its last legs. To fully recharge the Battery, you need a good 20-30 min drive at least, if you do only few miles, you are draining more than you put in (as you have heater on, lights, radio, etc), so this outcome is not surprising.

You should replace it soon, even if you charge it now, it will be quick to discharge, and may left you stranded somewhere.

Hi Notoyboy and Furtula I am hoping you are both right. I am going to leave it on charge overnight and if 🤞it starts in the morning I will be buying a new Battery on my way to work. Will report back tomorrow with (hopefully) some good news 🤞🙂

Hi Notoyboy and Furtula I am hoping you are both right. I am going to leave it on charge overnight and if 🤞it starts in the morning I will be buying a new Battery on my way to work. Will report back tomorrow with (hopefully) some good news 🤞🙂

Hi Notoyboy and Furtula you were both right it was indeed the Battery. Turns out the old Battery was 9 years old. I have only had the car since October 2018 so obviously not a new Battery when I bought it. Any £45 supply and fit from a local independent shop (Halfords wanted £95 😲😲) and the car is running great 😊😊

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links