Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane guidance

Cbatoday

During normal driving the lane guidance icon stays on white and feeling the steering wheel it not active.

If I then put on cruise control the lane guidance turns green on the same stretch of road as the lane guidance only is selected 

Is this normal 

I don't quite understand what you're asking.

If lane guidance (lane keep assistance?) is enabled the icon is white and it will still try and correct lane creep, when radar cruise control is active then it goes green and the steering assist is enabled (with Lane keeping assistance) it will keep you in lane and assist round slight bends...

I thought lane guidance was enabled when its white but not actively working unless its turns green 

17 minutes ago, Cbatoday said:

I thought lane guidance was enabled when its white but not actively working unless its turns green

well not quite, according to Page 324 in the manual which is pretty much what i said...

image.thumb.png.82ab888ae3e1e2a06d525324add62a67.png

The manual is your friend 😉

From my understanding, the lane keep assist is only active when cruise control is also on. 

Or in my Prius, but I appreciate you have the Corolla....... but why would it be different. You can start dozing whether or not cruise control is on.

After watching the video I can say the Corolla has got a more advanced version of Lane Assist the n my Gen 4 Prius.  Which shows technology is advancing all the time.

Yes, the 2019 RAV4 and Corolla (and, I believe, the face-lift version of the Prius) have version 2 of the Safety Sense system - lots of enhancements to all of the components.

Adaptive Cruise Control can now be set down to 18 mph (great in 20 zones) and resume now works from 0 mph.  The Road Sign Recognition now uses some sort of AI to mix info from the camera with the speed limit data in the SatNav database to somehow reconcile discrepancies which in my RAV4 makes it actually very usable.  When the speed limit recognised is different to the set speed of the Cruise Control, pressing and holding the increase or decrease button makes the set speed jump straight to the indicated speed limit.

The Lane Departure Alert system now help to keep you centred in the lane when CC is working and either it can recognise the lane edges or it has decided to follow the vehicle in front.  Not everyone likes this feature but it can be disabled in the menus if desired leaving the base lane departure system still working.

• Like 2

After watching the video I can say the Corolla has got a more advanced version of Lane Assist the n my Gen 4 Prius.  Which shows technology is advancing all the time.
Whaa?! You said something positive about the Corolla! [emoji23] #christmasmiracle
  • Confused 1