Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Toyota

Dan Dare

Hi All. Prompted by Scotty Kilmer and others on YouTube, have acquired my first Toyota at the age of 66 (me, not the car). Have a Camry 2.4 CDX, 2003, one owner since new, less than 5k miles per year, with all annual service stamps in the book from the same garage. A very fine car. Comfortable, solid, lively enough for me at my advanced age and very pleasant to travel in. I drove Saab 99s for many years and, with the demise of Saab, had to give them up as parts had become tricky to source. Had been looking for a car with the same virtues (solid, comfortable, reliable, easy to work on and a little out of the ordinary). Tried a couple and the Camry seems to fit the bill. It replaced a Mazda 6, which I have to say was a decent car, but the Camry definitely has the edge. Older ones are quite rare in the UK, although Americans love them. Apparently this is due to the fact that it was dearer than its rivals and people here like a prestige Badge. I couldn't care less about that, but I do appreciate quality. Exhaust is on its last legs, so it's off to Hayward and Scott in January for a bespoke stainless system (not a performance job, I hasten to add - I chose them because they make everything themselves and offer a 25 year guarantee). With a bit of luck, it might see me out if I look after it.

• Like 1

Hi there Laurence welcome to the club, good your enjoying your Toyota. Like myself I enjoy a comfortable car and my Estima fits the bill very nicely. Enjoy the forum.

Welcome Laurence...good choice..the Camry is a lovely car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links