Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Bleeding Sequence?

BlueMax

What is the correct brake bleeding sequence for a 2004 Corolla Diesel?
Left-hand rear brake first or something else?
I am a bit confused by the sequence given in the Haynes Owners Workshop Manual.

Hi,

Hmmmm. .. not sure how you can be confused by the Haynes manual, it seems quite clear ...?

Start with the front wheels, passenger side first, then drivers side, followed by the rear wheels, passenger side then finally drivers side.

Can recommend the Gunson Easibleed kit as it makes it an easy one man operation, worth every penny imho; available most places locally, eg screwfix, toolstation. car shops etc.

When doing the brakes make sure you check the caliper Slide Pins as they can seize up if not checked /cleaned/lubricated regulalry, use Red or Silicone grease on them as it wil not affect the rubber,  your local accessory shop should  stock small sachets.

Have used the Gunson Easibleed many many years ago.
Thinking of buying VIZIBLEED ftrom Halfords; Less messy to use, it seems.
Wasn't the advice used to be to bleed the nipple furthest away? ie. near side rear?!

• Like 1

Well you pays your money and makes your choice !

Just bought a new Gunson for this years service as the old one expired after 20 years of use !

Just folow the Toyotas  bleed sequence, expect the ABS unit has something to do with it ..

If the system is full, you can pretty much start wherever you want, I usually start furthest away from from the master cylinder, i.e. N.S.R.

I can recommend a 300ml Tropicana orange bottle for bleeding brakes. It has a big lid that seals well and is clear enough to see any air bubbles.  Get a length of screenwash hose and make a hole in the lid just big enough to pull the hose through so that it is quite tight and makes a seal.  As long as the hose reaches the bottom of the bottle, it will always make a seal.

There’s no need to buy a bleed bottle, don’t waste money on that.

• Like 2

oldcodger
I used to have a few Gunson products.
Colurtune was fun. Used to have the Eazibleed but gave it away.
Still have their Batterycheck.