Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 2019 Map Upgrade - authentication could not be completed

Malop

Anyone else had this problem updating their maps - after plugging in the USB I just get the message “authentication could not be completed”

Car is registered with My Toyota, multimedia devices is showing as registered in My Toyota and car seems connected to Internet (can download POIs and settings via the MyToyota app).

Purchased and downloaded the map zip file and extracted it directly to the USB stick. Checked it contains  FMU folder with ISO files inside it .

The unit must know the stick contains a map upgrade because if I move or rename the folder it doesn’t display this message.

Next stop dealer if nobody can help here. 

371BED7A-8B3E-41A3-B263-D28E429C7CC5.jpeg

Sounds like you have done everything, I presume you saw on the other thread where someone else struggled at this point due to misinterpreting some characters in the validation code (due to the font Toyota used). Just a thought.

Unfortunately don’t get as far as entering the code, the authentication message appears within a few seconds.

If it’s something to do with how my account is linked no idea how to test it

Incorrect map version for the model of media unit perhaps?  

Your device: ToyotaTouch2Plus17MMToy

2019 v2 Map Update

File 2019v2_MapUpdate.zip  (about 12Gb)

FMU folder on FAT32 formatted (not NFTS) USB stick, contains 4 .iso files, dated 23-09-2019 - vehicle main power on, not Aux, insert stick then.

Can't think of anything else.

Is the usb stick at least 8GB and formatted to FAT32?

Edit: beaten to the question!

• Haha 1

The file which you down load is pre-configured to work only with your car so you have to complete all the authentication steps on the myToyota site before it is downloaded. You must also validate your ownership and this can only be done after the car has completed more than 120 miles, even the dealers have trouble understanding this and at their request I had to contact Toyota UK support by telephone to get it sorted out. Incidentally a 16Gbyte stick is required as the latest update is around 12Gbytes.

Paul,

The whole process can take some time, I have just successfully completed it.

It took about  90 minutes to download and transfer 2019v2 files of 11.8GB to a good size USB stick, and then 2 hours to load it into the car (with engine running,as instructed as it wanted to)

I had the same message as you at first, as I had forgotten one of the 22 digit authentication code.

I could not find any way to turn the car lights off and have the Engine run whilst the car was in my garage, with the door half open !

You could give Toyota Technichal help a call 0344 7016202 or Email them about your problem from the MyToyota website, I have found them most helpful, and very quick to answer my queries , although they could not find a way to keep the car exterior lights off during the above procedure.

It seems a bit crazy to me really, to have to have the car ready to drive, the engine running on and off for 2 hours, what happens if you do not have a well ventilated garage, ? you certainly could not leave the car like that on a road or drive.

Good luck

Paul (Cardiff)

• Thanks 1

when i update my maps i only select UK & Ireland and it takes about 25 mins.

9 hours ago, Talshia said:

Paul,

The whole process can take some time, I have just successfully completed it.

It took about  90 minutes to download and transfer 2019v2 files of 11.8GB to a good size USB stick, and then 2 hours to load it into the car (with engine running,as instructed as it wanted to)

I had the same message as you at first, as I had forgotten one of the 22 digit authentication code.

I could not find any way to turn the car lights off and have the Engine run whilst the car was in my garage, with the door half open !

You could give Toyota Technichal help a call 0344 7016202 or Email them about your problem from the MyToyota website, I have found them most helpful, and very quick to answer my queries , although they could not find a way to keep the car exterior lights off during the above procedure.

It seems a bit crazy to me really, to have to have the car ready to drive, the engine running on and off for 2 hours, what happens if you do not have a well ventilated garage, ? you certainly could not leave the car like that on a road or drive.

Good luck

Paul (Cardiff)

Once the process is under way you don't have to leave the car running for 2 hours. You can just drive normally and every time you start the car up it will automatically continue from where it left off until its finished. I did it over numerous journeys no problem, business as usual. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2019 at 9:49 PM, Rav Rob said:

Incorrect map version for the model of media unit perhaps?  

Your device: ToyotaTouch2Plus17MMToy

2019 v2 Map Update

File 2019v2_MapUpdate.zip  (about 12Gb)

FMU folder on FAT32 formatted (not NFTS) USB stick, contains 4 .iso files, dated 23-09-2019 - vehicle main power on, not Aux, insert stick then.

Can't think of anything else.

Hi do you only put the 4.iso files on to the usb stick?  I have unzipped all the files and put on my usb stick I haven’t tried it yet so if I have done it wrongly please let me know cheers 

18 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Hi do you only put the 4.iso files on to the usb stick?  I have unzipped all the files and put on my usb stick I haven’t tried it yet so if I have done it wrongly please let me know cheers 

No you should copy the entire FMU folder so that it sits at the top level of your memory stick.

• Thanks 1