Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket bulbs

gampla

What are the best light bulbs for a 2014- present aygo using a hir2 bulb

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

I've had Toyota Optiwhites fitted since the end of 2017 and found them to be a worthwhile improvement over the standard HIR2 bulbs. Made by Philips.

There are also PIAA Hyper Arros bulbshttps://www.amazon.co.uk/PIAA-Hyper-Arros-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B07CLR2186/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Piaa+hir2+bulbs&qid=1577045677&sr=8-1

Note that any upgrade bulb will have a shorter life.

Depends on usage. Most upgrade bulbs packaging give an indication of life in hours.

Need to be wary of the brightness claims.

HIR2 bulbs are already around 70% brighter than standard halogen. Toyota Optiwhite HIR2's are claimed to be around 60% brighter than standard HIR2s. The PIAA (120%) and WinPower (130%) brightness claims are compared to standard halogen.

The WinPower bulb description only quotes the life of standard halogen, and not specifically the life of their upgrade bulbs.

Really down to personal choice.

Just want something brighter then stock but won't cost arm leg and eye to pay

KATUR 9012 HIR2 Led Headlight bulbs Mini Design Upgraded CREE Chips Extremely Bright 12000 Lumens Waterproof All-in-One LED Headlight Conversion Kit 55W 6500K xenon White-2 Years Waranty https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Z53MYN1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YC9.DbHP3HQF5

This claim to have a 6500K xenon that last 60,000 hrs

Unless they're E-marked, not road legal in the UK. 

we have fitted the following led bulbs in our Auris and they come with a 3yr warranty.

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/twenty20-compact-led-headlight-bulbs-HIR2-9012-pair.html

been fitted for over a month and any complaints regarding the toyota headlights being so poor

have now stopped,

just a pity Toyota cant supply in particular the Auris with headlights that are fit for purpose .

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for that   eygo ging to give them ago rather than the amazon  / ebay   ones 

i   must agree,  the lights are awful on this car,   theres not much between the LEDs   and the headlights, 
  as for main beam ,  my wifes  headlight  on her captur through out more light   than the main beam on an aygo does,    

On 12/23/2019 at 9:31 PM, eygo said:

we have fitted the following led bulbs in our Auris and they come with a 3yr warranty.

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/twenty20-compact-led-headlight-bulbs-HIR2-9012-pair.html

been fitted for over a month and any complaints regarding the toyota headlights being so poor

have now stopped,

just a pity Toyota cant supply in particular the Auris with headlights that are fit for purpose .

have now stopped,

I totally agree that Toyota should be able to  supply lights that are fit for the purpose but its not just Auris its seems to be anything with the HIR2 bulb. At time when it is dark and drizzling I do not feel confident in either the auris or yaris . Both our Previous cars were Toyotsa being a MK1 Auris and a MK1 yaris , they had really goods lights so why toyota made this backward step I do not understand.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:11 PM, stevecrvn said:

I totally agree that Toyota should be able to  supply lights that are fit for the purpose but its not just Auris its seems to be anything with the HIR2 bulb. At time when it is dark and drizzling I do not feel confident in either the auris or yaris . Both our Previous cars were Toyotsa being a MK1 Auris and a MK1 yaris , they had really goods lights so why toyota made this backward step I do not understand.

hi steve

i think this will be the next generation of toyota headlights

vintage oil lights.jpg

15 minutes ago, eygo said:

hi steve

i think this will be the next generation of toyota headlights

vintage oil lights.jpg

Maybe we could fit |H4 Night breakers to these 🙂

On 1/2/2020 at 8:39 PM, stevecrvn said:

Maybe we could fit |H4 Night breakers to these 🙂

Lol, I wouldn’t mind those on my baby, make her look even cuter

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 7:11 PM, stevecrvn said:

It's to do with the projector style lens. Any halogen bulb will not be good enough as only half the light gets out. Only way to go led/hid, which I have done. Absolutely no way I can live with halogen light output on projectors lens. 

The problem is with the high powered LED lights out there - they are just to dazzling to oncoming traffic, even some behind you is horrific. Also there are so many badly adjusted lights, 1 looks fine while the other looks like it can take your retina out, even with the privacy glass on the car. 

What i find is some suv vehicles with led can blind me because they are higher up. 

have now stopped,

I see now u have chosen to come to the bright side and have ignored internet forum people's disapproval of conversion of hid/led haha, welcome to the limited member's club! 🙂

i do like to be road legal but sometimes you have to draw a line and decided

what side of that line you would like to be on.

do you want to be safe and be able to see where you are going

i do feel being able to see the road ahead is quiet important

---------------------------------------or-----------------------------------------------

use the original headlights and not be able to see the road ahead clearly

and possibly hit a pedestrian dressed in black or a pushbike rider without any lights

• Like 1

Well done! 

I have drawn that line many years ago. As long as it's fitted to projectors lens then it's perfect. Now u know a lot people don't know what they are talking about when they say they will get blinded by your car 🙂

Mod edit: defamatory comment removed.

Edit adding: in the summer I tend to drive to the countryside quite often. At night in the country road with normal halogen, I'm a danger to myself and other road users simply because of inadequate of the standard lights. 

🙂

attached is an image of the beam pattern with 1 led & 1 hir2 std bulb in

i placed tape on the garage door before i changed the bulbs at the intersection point

where the beam changed from the angled line to the flat line so i could use

it as a reference point to make sure the beam pattern would still be in the same place

here is my photo

led vs halogen marked up.jpg

Yes I'm fully aware, the beam pattern doesn't change because projectors lens are designed with a cut off. The difference as u know is the brightness of the hid/led. A lot of internet folks and experts in here sometimes don't have a clue. 

6 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

Now u know a lot people don't know what they are talking about when they say they will get blinded by your car 

Really? 

I can only speak for myself but if the manufacturer fits a style of lights for a car then those are suitable for the car. 

But then again I have projector lights on my Aygo. You should have been in the seat of the Jimny my previous ride. That was like having a head torch on in the backseat