Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket bulbs

gampla

13 hours ago, Lokitheforestcat said:

Really? 

I can only speak for myself but if the manufacturer fits a style of lights for a car then those are suitable for the car. 

But then again I have projector lights on my Aygo. You should have been in the seat of the Jimny my previous ride. That was like having a head torch on in the backseat

Was not aimed at u, more the general people who knows not much about hid/led upgrade on projectors. I have said I too get blinded by some suv with factory fitted LEDs. 

Halogen on projector lens are not fit for purpose. Everyone complains about the danger of driving at night on unlit roads. Toyota and other car makers should bring back reflector units if they cannot make it cost effective making led standard on cars. 

But what makes me laugh with my aygo I can see the road clearer with my running day lights

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

On 12/23/2019 at 9:31 PM, eygo said:

we have fitted the following led bulbs in our Auris and they come with a 3yr warranty.

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/twenty20-compact-led-headlight-bulbs-HIR2-9012-pair.html

been fitted for over a month and any complaints regarding the toyota headlights being so poor

have now stopped,

just a pity Toyota cant supply in particular the Auris with headlights that are fit for purpose .

did you have any issues with fitting these , mine just came today    5 min fit   if that and not working at all 

17 minutes ago, silky1873 said:

did you have any issues with fitting these , mine just came today    5 min fit   if that and not working at all 

A review on the site. 

Nice bulbs and a lot brighter than the standard halogen and a good bulb fitment. However the connector end does not fit well with the original car connectors meaning you can't just turn it round to get the correct polarity for it to work, you have to swap the wires in the connector. The beam pattern also has a large cross in it which makes it dimmer in the centre of the field of vision.

Advantages: Brighter light
Could be easy to fit

Disadvantages: Beam pattern not great
Might require the connector to be rewired

auto bulbs direct supplied me with a connecting cable so the plugs go together properly

and the polarity is correct for them to work.

connect to the original wiring plug then rotate the plug on the bulb side

to get the polarity correct

got them to work ..  had to swap over the wiring   to the headlight plug as they dont fit   securely    when you try and  fit them  the other way.   doesnt click  in  and slides out  easily,  but was a 5 minute per light fix   but ,       tbh   not impressed   with them at all.    theres maybe   a 5%  increase in visibility ,   they look bright close up but anything over 20   feet  or so    theres   nt much difference   between the standard ones and these , 

That's not good to spend that sort of money and have tiny gains. Only HID will give awesome improvement. 

you will never get miles of vision due to the shutter cutting the light off

the only other way would be to go for the toyota factory fit led headlights

found on excel models but these wont be cheap to purchase 2nd hand

and may require soldering in a different wiring loom with the correct

headlight connectors.

53 minutes ago, eygo said:

the only other way would be to go for the toyota factory fit led headlights

found on excel models

Not the Aygo

29 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not the Aygo

sorry there is a similar topic on the auris forum as you know

• 1 month later...

wee update on lights,   

returned the ones from the link in this post and took a chance and got these ones on amazon 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N4FLB02/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

fitted them last night  and major difference between the standard and also the led upgrade ones i had got,  
drove on a backroad  and never had to use main beam at all   but tried it and it lit the road up well ,   never got flashed from any of the half dozen or so cars  that  passed    so  doesnt look like im blinding anyone either 

a massive upgrade on what i would call barely legal standard lights on the aygo 

I popped into Halfords last night to see what choice of bulbs they had and they only had one choice and it was their own branded bulb at £22 each for one bulb...so I ordered the below bulbs on Amazon when I was in the shop, £11.99 a pair including delivery, arrived at 9am this morning and fitted in the car at 9.15 am.  They look brighter, but I'll test them properly in the dark.

I didn't read the description properly and did not realise they came in pairs and ordered 2, so there is a spare set in the boot.

WinPower Hir2/ 9012 Halogen Headlight bulbs 55W 5000K Warm White Lamp 12V Auto Car Front Lamps, 2 Pieces

On 2/28/2020 at 10:43 AM, BobbyMcLeish said:

I popped into Halfords last night to see what choice of bulbs they had and they only had one choice and it was their own branded bulb at £22 each for one bulb...so I ordered the below bulbs on Amazon when I was in the shop, £11.99 a pair including delivery, arrived at 9am this morning and fitted in the car at 9.15 am.  They look brighter, but I'll test them properly in the dark.

I didn't read the description properly and did not realise they came in pairs and ordered 2, so there is a spare set in the boot.

WinPower Hir2/ 9012 Halogen Headlight Bulbs 55W 5000K Warm White Lamp 12V Auto Car Front Lamps, 2 Pieces

And if anyone is or has been using bulbs which are UK legal and are exceptionally good, please let me know, as I'd like to have the best for my daughter's car...thanks.

On 2/24/2020 at 12:07 PM, silky1873 said:

wee update on lights,   

returned the ones from the link in this post and took a chance and got these ones on amazon 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N4FLB02/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

fitted them last night  and major difference between the standard and also the led upgrade ones i had got,  
drove on a backroad  and never had to use main beam at all   but tried it and it lit the road up well ,   never got flashed from any of the half dozen or so cars  that  passed    so  doesnt look like im blinding anyone either 

a massive upgrade on what i would call barely legal standard lights on the aygo 

Good to know you have better lighting. 

I have hid 5000k which I like, I don't like 6k colour temp, they only really come in that with led. 

I think it's should be illegal to have halogen bulbs in projector headlights when one is the function of both dipped and main. 

1 hour ago, snowBALLs said:

Good to know you have better lighting. 

I have hid 5000k which I like, I don't like 6k colour temp, they only really come in that with led. 

I think it's should be illegal to have halogen bulbs in projector headlights when one is the function of both dipped and main. 

Will they pass MOT or will you be taking them out for it ?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a set of upgraded halogen HiR2 bulbs from eBay, they're made by a British company and they're a big improvement over the original bulbs - they are a bit whiter and noticeably brighter - and they're 'E' marked so they're road legal too if anyone is concerned about that.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELTA-HIR2-9012-PX22D-VISIONPRO-150-UPGRADE-CAR-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-3700K-12V-55W/153662443309

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links