Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gen1 Auris power window noise from mechanism

brainii

hey mates, so, I recently noticed that the switch for the driver's side power window makes a strange/abnormal noise that didn't happen before. The sound is heard as soon as the window closes fully. Also, the sound is heard when the window is closed and u press the switch to close it again (and it's not the usual sound).

it's coming from the mechanism on the driver's door, under the power window switches. to my ears it's like the mechanism is still pushing the window after it's closed for 1 second more and stressing?

The passenger side window doesn't make this noise (not when pushing the passenger side switch nor the switch on the driver's side for the passenger window either).

I remember there was a global Toyota recall for this and my car did get called in and they replaced some grease or something but that was like 10 years ago.

Anyone had this happen to their car?

thanks

Same year, same car, same thing happening recently. It did that for a month and then stopped by itself, did not do it before.

I also thought the mechanism is giving it another push once the windows is closed, was afraid it will shatter or something, but did not.

In my case it was squeaking as it was closing against the rubber, it sounded like it's struggling to close.

I cleaned the rubers a bit, and put some lubricant on top of window, closed opened few times, wiped the windows, was fine since.

It might just need a reset, no guarantee that this will wok with an Auris, or that this is the problem, but maybe worth a try. Click "How To Reset"

strangely enough, wife reported that the sound is now gone (we didn't do anything at all). Thanks for the replies. I'll monitor to see if it returns.