Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Estima - cruise control

LovemyEstima

Hi Everyone! just bought a beautiful looking Toyota Estima Aeras model 2006 import from Japan!

It looks amazing and the drive is very smooth. Please can anyone tell me if I can install cruise control?

I've seen many models that has this feature and wondered if the wiring inside the steering column was in place or not?

Toyota main dealer in the UK have no info as it's an import from Japan.

Thanks in advance!

Split into new topic and moved to the Estima forum.

Welcome sofu...good choice..they are a great vehicle...but I doubt there's an after-fit facility for that.

I think you are stuck with whatever was factory-fitted.

A bit surprised that on a 2006 Aeras model it wasn't fitted at build.?

i looked in to getting cruise control fitted to my 2007 toyota estima you can have it done. i got quotes from £500 to £700 to have it fitted. but if you have stereo control on your steering wheel it might be plug & play. if you search on here cruise control you will find the topic were it has been discussed.

That's good news, Paul...thanks for the reminder.

I'd have quite liked my V6 to have CC (it doesn't) but I can easily live without it so I wouldn't invest that much dosh to install it.

Many thanks Neil/ Paul!

I have spoken to someone who installs cruise control units and he said he is able to fit an off the market unit for £600 which I think is a bit pricey for now. I will investigate further to see if the actual wiring is in place inside the steering column so I can may be purchase a cruise control stock from salvage from a later model. We'll investigate further and see what happens.

Thank you both for your input!

Good luck Sofu...let us know how you get on if you get it fitted.

Thanks Neil!

It's on my to do list along with finding an english user manual and sorting out the japanese language CD/satnav control system!