Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear heated windscreen not working

Als68

Switch clicks when I push it and I can hear the relay working, it also lites up, but it doznt seem to demist like it used to,,?? Any ideas plz

Possibly a bad relay or the element on the back screen is damaged. Is it working at all, or completely dead? Do you notice any reduced radio reception or interference on the radio? The heater element is also the radio antenna on my car, and you can often hear the reception affected when the heater is powered. Other likely causes would be a bad connection, often corrosion in the connector blocks, or a damaged wiring harness.

Hi thanks for ur reply, my window heater doznt seem to work at all n I don't get any interference via the radio either,, I will av a look at connections ect n see I can shed sum lite on it, cheers for ur info, much appreciated 👍

On 12/23/2019 at 7:38 PM, Als68 said:

Switch clicks when I push it and I can hear the relay working, it also lites up, but it doznt seem to demist like it used to,,?? Any ideas plz

start with fuse

then if not fuse check relay 

also ensure pollen filter is clean 

Cheers il try relay,, where is pollen filter??? 🤔 

32 minutes ago, James_Delahunt said:

start with fuse

then if not fuse check relay 

also ensure pollen filter is clean 

23 minutes ago, Als68 said:

Cheers il try relay,, where is pollen filter??? 🤔 

The pollen filter advice is good, though not related to the fault stated in the title! 
If your car is a Mk1 T22, the pollen filter is accessed by lifting the carpet by the clutch pedal. You have to unscrew a couple of fixing tabs. The real issue with the Mk1 filter is genuine is correct right hand drive, whilst third party filters are for left hand drive - 

If it is the T25 Mk2 Avensis, then the filter is behind the glove box. Lots of videos showing that and how to change it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this? I've got same issue but I can see some of the elements in the rear window are damaged. Can anyone recommend a good repair paint/kit. Lots on internet but reviews are mixed. Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links