Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 Navigation lost after dash removal

smilgy

HI all 

There was a problem with the heater box in my 2015 RAV4 which required the removal of the dash, amongst other things to replace the broken part. This also involved removing head unit. After everything was put back together it seems as though I have lost the navigation features that were with the car previously. Similarly, I am no longer able to access any apps that were with the unit, etc. 

I am wondering, could I have potentially inserted some plugs in incorrect locations when reassembling? I know there are atleast 2 plugs that are the same on the back of the head unit, but I tried connectors in both locations and the problem still persisted. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Please update your profile to include the Rav4.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Please update your profile to include the Rav4.

Appologies, I've updated it now!

Go into the hidden service menu that will tell you if there are any codes if it doesn't say Navi Box in the diagnostics menu it isn't plugged in (the systems are the same they just a different form factor)

Edit. it may be under service check or navigation check on the rav4

17 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Go into the hidden service menu that will tell you if there are any codes if it doesn't say Navi in the diagnostics menu it isn't plugged in (the systems are the same they just a different form factor)

Edit. it may be under service check or navigation check on the rav4

Had a quick look there, no mention of Navi in any of the menus. I'll go take it apart again and see if there is any loose connections. From the labeled photo of the back of the head unit in the topic you posted, which connectors would be related to the Navi..? Other than the GPS antenna connector.

EDIT: Nvm! E3 is related to the Navi

Looks like it was a loose connection on the E3 plug. Thanks all for the help! 

Glad you got it sorted, the USB plugs into the nav module and not the touch2 (when you have the nav installed) just in case your USB doesn't work

Does anybody have a 2019 RAV4 stuck with "Starting..." on the screen with no function or display? It's happened on mine twice since 01SEP. It's then fine on the next journey. I've not needed SatNav yet as I've not been anywhere new or faced severe motorway closures.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links