Do Not Sell My Personal Information

black smoke

avenet

Hi guys,

I am facing an issue with my 2.0 D4D Auris. I have done 312000km so far and in the last year I keep getting some smoke from the exhausts with black (ash type) residue on the tailpipes. I visited the dealer that I am always taking the car to and told me than one of the diesel injectors had failed so we replaced it with a new one. The problem has since then been reduced but it still exists. They checked the diesel injectors again and told me they are fine. They say that I shouldn't worry but since 2008 that I bought the car, I never had anything like this and I simply don't like it.. Any ideas?

i would of thought at 312000kms it would be wise to change all injectors and make sure your air filter is clean

do you have terraclean in your country here is a link for you

https://www.terraclean.co.uk/

Thanks a lot mate.

Sadly Terraclean doesn't have a dealer in Greece but I will try to look for something similar.

It seems about right though that the problem is somewhere in the DPF because an injector fault or an EGR fault would have been probably picked up when the Toyota Tester diagnostic tool was applied.