Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo 2009 petrol filler cap

gotagetz

It doesn't lock, key will turn 45 degrees and that's it. Presume the lock is broken?

Or is there a special technique required?

Hi John,

It's a bit of an oddball to be honest....On mine the technique is:

To unlock...Key in, turn 45 degrees and unscrew the cap.  (Everybody says that you can take the key out before unscrewing but I have never been able too)

To lock....Screw the cap back on, turn key back 45 degrees (At which point I can take the key out) and give the cap another turn until you hear it click....It's then locked.

I hope that helps, all the best!:thumbsup:

Oddball indeed. On mine I can turn the key back and take it out after unlocking. I can lock it by just turning it until it clicks, key not needed. 🙂

I dread this issue too, I insert key, turn to the left slightly, and then make the attempt to twist the filler cap with key still inserted, not an easy task to say the least!

On 12/30/2019 at 2:16 PM, Billyboy81 said:

Oddball indeed. On mine I can turn the key back and take it out after unlocking. I can lock it by just turning it until it clicks, key not needed. 🙂

Same here, turn key, return to centre, remove key, unscrew cap. Screw cap until click(s) to lock.

When I first filled up my Aygo I was stood at the forecourt for waaay too long trying to work out how to open the thing, felt a real tool 😑