Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car Possibly

BlueMR2

went to the seat garage...seriously considering...any thoughts...deffo would go for yellow although not to everyones tastes...what u think?

03cuprar3.jpg

03cuprar16.jpg

03cuprar17.jpg

leon_cupra_r_02.jpg

leon_cupra_r_06.jpg

leon_cupra_r_07.jpg

cuprar23.jpg

Its nice, what engine spec are they?, im guessin they r turbo`d yeah?

How much are they?

How much are they?

1.8 20V Turbo...225 bhp...0-60 6.6...150 top end....there 18k brand new :eek: but will prob be going for year old low miler from a garage...gorgeous cars :drool:

very nice mate, a year old car would be ...im guessin 14-15k?

It is a lovely car, really, but I dunno, I just dont think I could turn down the chance to own anevo 5 or 6 :wacko:

I's easily get an evo or even a skyline for that sort of cash.

Get something Jap, not Spanish!

But if you insist, it is a nice car.... I think you can only get it in 5 door and Seats aren't renound for their build quality.

Iv'e NEVER seen one of those b4!! what BRAND are they?? who makes them?? what do they weigh??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I's easily get an evo or even a skyline for that sort of cash.

Get something Jap, not Spanish!

But if you insist, it is a nice car.... I think you can only get it in 5 door and Seats aren't renound for their build quality.

I see your point on the skylines and evo's etc...but this will cost a hell of a lot less to run...also will be a year old model max...still under warranty etc... :thumbsup:

I watched the whole Holiday Inn Cup last year on Race Rivals on Sky.. they look sweet with GT - Wings on.

round6_smithleads.jpg

round6_carterleads.jpg

I looked at one of these before I bought my Renault Sport and I thought they were really plasticy inside, If you want a car like that I think you should look at the Civic Type-r or even a renault sport as they are cheaper and SSOOO much more fun to drive, Plus if you buy a mk1 172 you get all the gubins like air/con etc and if you buy mine ;) hehe Will be faster too!

love those cars, very nice and very quick. Had a play with one on the motorway one night and they do go like the clappers. Also one of the very few cars i think looks good in yellow. Also apparently a remap will see you some decent bhp gains

Nice cars, since its basically a volkswagon they will last a bit as well. I'm sure if the 1.8 VAG lump is that tunable though. IIRC they are FWD as well, not as much fun as RWD or 4WD. Evo's wouldn't be a very good car to run daily, especially with the price of servicing the AYC.

Have you thought about the new (import only) Integra Type R? That is a beautiful car, very rare on our roads as well. Or you could wait a little longer for the prices to drop on an RX8.

killed one of those is my Soarer

remind me of a shopping car...

one of the very few cars i think looks good in yellow

totally agree- they look well nice with dark alloys as well :thumbsup:

I looked at one of these before I bought my Renault Sport and I thought they were really plasticy inside, If you want a car like that I think you should look at the Civic Type-r or even a renault sport as they are cheaper and SSOOO much more fun to drive, Plus if you buy a mk1 172 you get all the gubins like air/con etc and if you buy mine ;) hehe Will be faster too!

The Cupra would destroy a 172.... :lol:

I looked at one of these before I bought my Renault Sport and I thought they were really plasticy inside, If you want a car like that I think you should look at the Civic Type-r or even a renault sport as they are cheaper and SSOOO much more fun to drive, Plus if you buy a mk1 172 you get all the gubins like air/con etc and if you buy mine  ;) hehe Will be faster too!

The Cupra would destroy a 172.... :lol:

doubt it, the cupra is essentially a golf, and golfs are slow, had a 10 mile race with a golf turbo round the south m25 late one night it was basically the same performance as my n/a mr2 upto 130 where he then kept going and I was only slowly accelerating. What does the cupra weigh? bet the clio has a far better power to weight ratio.

How much are they?

1.8 20V Turbo...225 bhp...0-60 6.6...150 top end....there 18k brand new :eek: but will prob be going for year old low miler from a garage...gorgeous cars :drool:

just looked up the specs, everywhere says 6.9 sec so only 0.3 to 60 better than a stock rev 1 or 2 n/a mr2

they weigh 1376 KG :)

I see the 225 bhp so thats more than the golf, so the engine is basically in the state of tune you find it in the S3.

full Cupra R Specs

I reckon they look really nice, have a six speed box too don't they?

Shame they don't do it as a 3 door tho,think it would look better proportioned

They are nice. Not my cup of tea, but I have a mate who has one in yellow, and another who has it in blue. The metallic blue is an awesome colour.

The downside with such a car is the depreciation... but you already know that. Mate with the blue one bought his about 3 years ago. Now it's not worth much more than mine!

Like Spartan says, what about the Honda Integra Type R (import), or as the yanks know it, the Acura RSX. Good car, good engine... and you can still attend the Jap car days/shows! ;) :P

In fact... Honda S2000's can be picked up from around £15k now, and running costs on them aren't anywhere near Skylines... and they've already suffered their worst depreciation when they get to that price.

The Cupra R is not that quick though for a turbo'd car. As many have said, even though turbo'd cars do respond well to tuning, it's still got to get the power down through the front wheels.

I'm sure you've started the thread to get people's responses to the car, but don't let anyone put you off. Each to their own.

Wish you luck whichever way you go mate. ;)

and you wouldn't say the Renault Sport is plasticy inside? :blink:

Compared to them NO!

And the MK1 172 would definately whip the Cupra R.

Mine has a claimed 6.4 secs 0-60 before my remap and induction and zorst system.

Seat is a claimed 7.2

Anyway blah blah blah just want an MR2 now!

Someone must have a nice Turbo for sale

I own a ibiza cupra 1.8 20vt an can defo say that the leon cupra r would easy beat a clio anyday. When chipped they can reach around the 250bhp mark. In fact i recon my 200bhp would easy beat a clio 172 :rolleyes:

I own a ibiza cupra 1.8 20vt an can defo say that the leon cupra r would easy beat a clio anyday. When chipped they can reach around the 250bhp mark. In fact i recon my 200bhp would easy beat a clio 172 :rolleyes:

bet you have fun trying to drag almost 1400kg off the line with 200bhp throught the front wheels, let alone 250bhp :eek: bet you only see sky while sat their spinning off the line with that much weight shift. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links