Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fender Flares

Jaybobs

Hello all. Totally new to the classic celica scene. I've got a question about fender flares. I'm trying to understand why some cars have a "teardrop" type flare, vs one that has good symmetrical coverage over the wheel, mainly for the rear wheel. I attached two pictures that should give a pretty good example of this.

Speed Academy's white "Connie Celica" has a teardrop like fender in the rear vs the green celica's symmetrical type flare. I know there was some sort of change in the fender between the TA22 and TA23. I thought that difference was just the thickness in the lip, like thin-lipped and thick-lipped. It almost looks like the shape of the fender is different, but I'm leaning toward it being just the flare.

Are there different shapes of fender flares available? Or is this teardrop caused by how the flare is installed? I'm much more partial to the symmetrical coverage but am trying to understand if it's the flare or installation.

Thanks!

Connie Celica Teardrop Rear Fender.jpg

good flare 2.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links