Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tailgate handle

tonys axel

hi all.got an 07 avensis estate and for the 2nd time in 4yrs tailgate handle came off in my hands.toyota have deleted the part nd nothing on eBay HELP!!!!.please.

Hi Tony,

Like you, this has happened several times to me too. I have a 2005 hatchback. If it's the same the handle sit inside a long piece of plastic trim.

The only thing I can suggest is to try and repair the trim. I used a hot glue gun to glue the threaded fasteners back into there slots and reinforce with more glue. 

I did mine about 6 months ago and it is still holding. Don't over tighten the nuts holding the trim on. 

The only other caution is, don't let anyone else open the tailgate. Its an inconvenience, but at least you can be careful with it.

Hope this helps.

Peter.

thanks for your reply peter.that will be my last resort.wifes like a bull in a china shop.

It will be ABS or PP A good epoxy will do the job, if you can leave it of the car for 24 hours to fully cure