Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mirror link

gampla

What phones are compatible with the mirror link feature

And what apps if any on android works with it

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

You can find some (outdated) information on the official Mirrorlink website:

1. List of Mirrorlink-compatible smartphones (mostly old models) https://mirrorlink.com/phones

2. List of Mirrolink-compatible apps https://mirrorlink.com/apps

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) which used to work fine with my Aygo's head unit. However, Mirrorlink is pretty dead and there are no updates over the last couple of years.

My Sony Xperia xz1 doesn't seem to work with it I think mirror link more aided towards [emoji2961]apple[emoji2961]

2 hours ago, gampla said:

My Sony Xperia xz1 doesn't seem to work with it I think mirror link more aided towards emoji2961.pngappleemoji2961.png

Nothing to do with Apple, Mirrolink predated Carplay & Android auto, Toyota added compatibility with Mirrorlink version 1.0 in Mk2 Aygo and phones such as Samsung GS3, iPhone 5 ( with special lead) and a few Nokia's were all compatible however several things occurred;

Google & Apple decided to launch their own platforms so walked away from Mirrorlink and then Mirrorlink capitulated to the aftermarket Audio suppliers who wanted features which allowed video playback and interaction with Apps whilst the cars were in motion something that Toyota did not agree with and Mirrorlink in Aygo stalled there. Toyota offered did after offer one update but after reworking it to prevent distraction but after that they stopped and newer phones just won't connect with the old software.

Search Mirrorlink on the Aygo forum some people managed work around's but hey were usually all beyond the scope of an average user and buggy at best.

• 2 weeks later...

My Samsung Galaxy 8 will connect with Mirrorlink but I'd have to install different mapping software on my phone according to the internet. 

On the topic of Mirror link, would the Aygo x-pression have this.  It has the head unit with full sat nav, reverse camera etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links