Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 RAV4 Headlight Adjustment

Tomfromfife

After driving some distance at night I have noticed that the right hand headlight is very low on dipped beam. I understand that it may be lower so that it doesn’t bind oncoming traffic but mine is very low. I was curious to know where the headlight adjusters are but couldn’t find anything in the forums. The US forums showed the adjusters in a different position.

On the plastic above the headlights there is an indication of which adjuster is left/right and which is up/down. Attached images show the adjusters. Fourth image is the adjustment info on the drivers side, third is the plastic up/down adjustment, the second is the metal left/right adjuster and the first is the near side adjusters. I will be taking my car to the MOT station to have them set up correctly, and if they are badly adjusted I will tell the dealer as I would guess these should have been set on the PDI.

The headlights are self levelling but they need to be set correctly in the first place.

1CC0395D-816F-4E89-9544-F6F52A9A3B60.jpeg

C9F036E7-9B29-4491-BD17-2C71D7D18339.jpeg

12AFCCBF-3852-4A2B-93FA-66D7531BF53B.jpeg

ACBE33BC-E959-4302-8A9B-86D5308431F5.jpeg

• Thanks 2

There has been a lot of new owners having there brand new RAV4 headlights adjusted as they are set wrongly, yes the pdi should pick this up, but I’ll be asking them to do ours before pickup. There is a post about it on here.  thanks for the photos 👍.