Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does Nextbase rear dash cam affect DAB signal

Jim Hunter

I have a Nextbase 522GW dash cam fitted to my 2017 RAV4. Thinking about fitting a Nextbase rear view camera to the tailgate, however a bit worried that this might interfere with the signal on my dab radio. Has any RAV4 owners ever installed a rear dash cam on rear window under the shark fin type antenna.Reading lots of reports of rear dash cams affecting dab signal on other makes of vehicles.

I dont see a problem, just run the wiring as far away from the aerial as possible - do you have the touch 2 with rear cam ?

Thanks for coming back to me flash22. Not sure what touch 2 is. Potential problem could be the camera and wiring would run directly under antenna roof cover. I had a different make of front dash cam and eventually had to fit four ferrite cores to get a signal as well as re-rooting the wire, don't really want to go through all that again. This time I have purchased a Nextbase 522GW for the front screen and have no problems with the dab signal. Just that I have read reports of other vehicles having problems with their dab signal after fitting a rear mounted dash cam.

Sorry when you mentioned touch 2 I thought you were referring to the dash cam. Yes I have a touch 2 with rear cam

Viofo A129 pro no problems with that one so might be ok go to dashcamtalk.com very good forum 👍

I have never had an issue with installing any dash cams i currently have BlackVue cams in the yaris coming up on a year no issues with DAB, i have fitted Nextbase cams, unless there are factory rejects getting on to the market i haven't had a issue

iirc the touch 2 has a video in - if you add the pins to the plug

Hi flash22, visited the site previously suggested by Buff69, but could not find any threads relating to loss of reception on  DAB radio. Did find a number of threads relating to the Nextbase 522GW more negative than positive however.

You mention  touch 2 has a video in - if you add the pins to the plug,  what exactly do you mean?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links