Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emails on infotainment

Cbatoday

On the phone section on the screen you can choose messages

On the left it shows sms/mms in and out. This shows all me text messages

Underneath it shows E-mail in and out but I cant see my emails wether sent or received. Has anyone had any success with this and how did you do it emails 

Frankly I find all the animated graphics on the cars display extremely distracting already, I've got it down to the hybrid display on the centre console, which I can mostly ignore.. Reading SMS and emails is just another (IMO dangerous) distraction, and should be prevented (like watching TV is in those cars so equipped) on the move.  Of course, it may be so disabled in the Toyota, I have no wish to explore the options 😉!

• Like 1

as I spend a lot of time in my toyota as I use it as a cab. some of my time is sat waiting for my next job. I would find it so much easier just reading the email from the screen. I have no intention of using it whilst driving

The car can read SMS messages out loud and does a surprisingly good job of it. I'm not saying I'd encourage it and if I remember correctly there's no way to do it without taking your hands off your wheel.

9 hours ago, Cbatoday said:

On the phone section on the screen you can choose messages

On the left it shows sms/mms in and out. This shows all me text messages

Underneath it shows E-mail in and out but I cant see my emails wether sent or received. Has anyone had any success with this and how did you do it emails 

Check Toyota's compatibility Here pick Toyota touch 2 with Go (2019) then phone, model, software and you will get a list. Email compatibility depends on phone and I know Iphone's are not fully compatible

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rafletcher said:

Frankly I find all the animated graphics on the cars display extremely distracting already, I've got it down to the hybrid display on the centre console, which I can mostly ignore.. Reading SMS and emails is just another (IMO dangerous) distraction, and should be prevented (like watching TV is in those cars so equipped) on the move.  Of course, it may be so disabled in the Toyota, I have no wish to explore the options 😉!

I actually agree. You should have full attention on the road. What is needed is the dictation function at best. 
Same issue with people trying to make voice calls with messenger. My bluetooth only allows the normal calls to be auto answered or answered via the steering controls. My bluetooth system is via the adapter and works most phone functions, like the bluetooth built into cars.  I am using Android.

I should add that unless I can get a passenger to read the message or cannot stop on a safe place, the email or text will have to wait!

Edited by Konrad C
additional words

6 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I actually agree. You should have full attention on the road.

And the new trend of touch screens to control simple things like your heater should be banned.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alan333 said:

And the new trend of touch screens to control simple things like your heater should be banned.  

Fully agree about cars who have such functionality on the screen! As such is should be banned at government level to stop them developing it and selling it in the first place (at least in certain markets!). Having physical knobs is fine as are radio controls etc on the wheel, in fact it means you dont have to take your eyes of the road.

3 hours ago, alan333 said:

Yeah, my Jazz was like that. It's interesting to note that the new Jazz no longer has touch controls for that.

Sooner they remove the steering wheels and the vehicles become fully autonomous the better. Some drivers have no idea

• Haha 1