Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camera

Mohammad rana

Hi I bought a car Toyota Prius alpha 2012. It is in Japanese imported and can't use rare camera or anything. How can I change it to English. 

Use your phone with live translation. 

Open google translate app, then select the camera, and Japanese to English,  the phone autotranslates what's on the screen directly to English without taking a picture, so like a live feed.

If you dont see this open on a google translate app, try to update it first.

Never used an iPhone, but i presume it has more or less the same thing available.

With this method it should be easy to switch to English.

You can see an example of it being used here

https://youtu.be/1lviMkYmUoQ?t=29

• Like 1

There are people who will convert it to English for you, though it may cost around £100 or so for the conversion. I don't know who does this in your area, but I'm sure there's someone in or around London who provides such a service.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:24 AM, furtula said:

Use your phone with live translation. 

Open google translate app, then select the camera, and Japanese to English,  the phone autotranslates what's on the screen directly to English without taking a picture, so like a live feed.

If you dont see this open on a google translate app, try to update it first.

Never used an Iphone, but i presume it has more or less the same thing available.

With this method it should be easy to switch to English.

You can see an example of it being used here

https://youtu.be/1lviMkYmUoQ?t=29

Used that method a few times and Google and previously Windows phone. It's amazing that people have a smart phone only know how to do selfies and social media.

Thank you very much 

it almost worked. Monitor asking me about favourite word.  As it is imported, don't know anything about it. Any idea what can I do about that. 

28 minutes ago, Mohammad rana said:

Thank you very much 

it almost worked. Monitor asking me about favourite word.  As it is imported, don't know anything about it. Any idea what can I do about that. 

Try this, it should delete the password also, it's from owners manual for the English 2012 prius, so it might not work.

Anyhow, you need a copy of the owners manual, maybe you have the japanese one, it might be there.

image.thumb.png.fb00f80fa8faa8f07766d8c6d3c27daa.png

• 2 weeks later...