Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Import - Cv Joint - Uk Or Jap?

celicatrd

Can somebody help me out please?

I have a 94'Celica 2.0 (ST202 3S-GE) Import from Japan.

My CV joint has snapped off inside the wheel just past the nut and split pin.

1. I need to know if I can order the UK part or do I have to order a Japanese part from an Import parts dealer.

2. Can anyone recommend where I can get this part from or who/where to ask for advice on this matter please?

I would be most grateful if someone could get back to me ASAP, as my car is off the road now and I'm desperately needing to get back behind the wheel.

Thanks,

Ronnie...

Can somebody help me out please?

I have a 94'Celica 2.0 (ST202 3S-GE) Import from Japan.

My CV joint has snapped off inside the wheel just past the nut and split pin.

1. I need to know if I can order the UK part or do I have to order a Japanese part from an Import parts dealer.

2. Can anyone recommend where I can get this part from or who/where to ask for advice on this matter please?

I would be most grateful if someone could get back to me ASAP, as my car is off the road now and I'm desperately needing to get back behind the wheel.

Thanks,

Ronnie...

99.9% sure that the parts are the same so either should do. But chances are you will get the part from your local toyota dealer and if thats the case they will look up the part using your chassis code and hence order you the import version as there wouldnt be any diffrence in price

99.9% sure that the parts are the same so either should do. But chances are you will get the part from your local toyota dealer and if thats the case they will look up the part using your chassis code and hence order you the import version as there wouldnt be any diffrence in price

As my car is JDM only, when I go to Mr T for parts they look up the part number and the system automatically cross references it to see if a UK part is the same.

Rich

Thanks guys,

I've phoned a main dealer up and they've quoted me £265.

also

Japspareparts on the net says £141

and

Japarts need to know if it's has superstrut suspension or Macpherson?

How do I know which suspension I have and what comes with the (N/side outer) CV joint kit.

Ronnie..

Macpherson

toyota sells the outer cv joint and drive shaft as one part which comes with a cv boot and the grease new outer nut and cotter pin that why they are so dear.

I've found out that the CV joint comes in 2 types of kit.

1. CV joint alone for £142 from the spares shops.

or

2. CV joint with the half shaft etc.. from main dealer for £265

Obviously I want to go for the cheaper price but if it's not the best route, i'll have to go for the main dealer part.

Can anybody explain why it's like this and I would I be a fool to go for the CV joint alone.

PS.

I'm thinking of doing this repair myself with the help of my workshop manual and a mechanical-minded friend.

Is it worth it?

or should I get a Garage to do it...

Ronnie...

Personally i cant see a problem with just getting the cv joint on it`s own. Provided your fairly practical and know one end of a spanner to the other you`ll probably be ok doing it yourself. Think haynes give it a 3 spanner rating. Messy job tho. Make sure you read the manual 1st. (Twice would be good) and have the right tools.

Good luck :D :D :D

I've found another dealer selling the CV joint with boot for £72 at carbase-japanesespares.co.uk and he says it's new not used.

So it looks like i'll be doing it myself this weekend, thanks for the advice and support.

I should be ok by the sound of it now, because I replaced both ball joints last year on my own.

Thanks,

Ronnie...

Macpherson

if it the st205 its the super strut setup. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links