Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery issue

Art6133

Hi all, the other day I tried topping up my tyres  using a small air compressor plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. I only got to the third tyre when my Battery gave out! I put the Battery on charge and after about 15 mins it showed fully charged. Anyone know if the IQ Battery is a light weight/low powered item? Its an IQ2 on a 13 plate with I assume the original battery. I've only owned it for three months and had no problems at all with starting/running, I know I can have the battery checked but was wondering if this is a common occurrence?

The Battery is supposed to last 5+ years. The original in Einstein 2010 gave up last year and was showing signs of it not keeping a charge and it actually gave up completely while parked in a service station. You may as well replace it as it will give on you sooner or later. 

It was more than likely the plug from the tyre compressor come loose, it only takes a little tug for it too not connect properly

If in doubt start the car when using the compressor

Keep the engine running whilst using the compressor. 

Yuasa YBX7014 12V 65Ah 620A EFB Start Stop Battery.

Toyota IQ 1.3

heavy duty for start stop hence £150.

1. Yuasa YBX7014 12V 65Ah 620A EFB Start Stop Batte
Edited by Solidtop
Added info is for Toyota 1.3

Thanks all, will have it tested and bite the bullet if its on its way out. Shouldn't need such a heavy duty beast as mine isn't stop start. Thanks again for the input.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links