Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat nav needed

LotsLost

Hi i just got a 2019 1.3 Yaris (Australia), its base model with reverse camera, parking assist added etc. My mother was told you could use gps navigation via bluetooth when she bought it, we didnt realise that meant you just hear the directions. 

Ahh what a nightmare, a beautiful new car, that has nowhere to stick an old (2016) gps anyway due to the styling of vents.But also it looks very distracting having wires everwhere, and I found it unsafe to drive around, trying to look over at the smaller screen and try to work out what is shows, being so different from the Apple version i use constantly, and my ipad falls no matter where or how i try to make it visable. Plus its a pain in the ***** hiding it each time i jump out, worried my car will be broken into ( happened to me before)

I got excited reading that I could have Apple carplay added, thinking it would solve all my problems, and i could just connect my phone and its gps, to be visable on the same screen the reverse cam/multimedia unit is on....but its not available on the Yaris 😞 . So after 6 emails, 4 live chats, 2 fb messages, 4 attempts calling....etc weeks after getting the car...im told the entire unit is useless should u want sat nav on the screen, you have to buy an entirely new one...wtf, why make a new car with reverse camera, but not let u use gps on the same screen? I totally dont get it. And what a waste....

***So my queries are...is this really so, isnt there some sorta add-on plug-in i can buy to add sat nav to this currently installed multimedia screen? Or atleast make my iPhone maps mirror to the screen?

And if really no...Can anyone recommend a good syste  that will fit perfectly in the same place so it doesnt look aftermarket, that isnt too expensive? Anyone know what sort of price the official yaris sat nav system in the other models would cost me to get now? Or if there really is a chance Apple carplay might one day be accessible on my current system and I should just wait it out?

I know i sound like a terrible whinger, but PTSD resulted in me very rarely managing to leave my house, then a 4wd crashing through the side of my 2008 Yaris writing it off and injuring us, 3 moths ago, has made me really want to eliminate any extra stress and having the turns and lanes i need to be in, right infront of me, just allows me to enjoy getting out again. And I need to see it,not hear it, to take it in instantly... so any advice would be so appreciated! Sorry i crap on

what model is the stereo ? as you are down under the markets are very different

Post a pic if you are not sure

Think in Australia they use Entune units which are different to the Touch 2 units used in European Yaris.

Not sure what that unit it is must be for the AU market only, after a bit more research the nav in the SR ans ZR is a different unit (bottom right has a micro SD Map logo) instead of the tel button

edit. all the info i can find is 2017 onwards 86804-52060 or the earlier one  86100-52290

• 2 weeks later...

Riva Hi-TECH seems to develop a module to enable AA and AC with the original included headunit. They do charge 600 euro for a module, which is ridiculously expensive. In my opinion, it's not worth it since Toyota provided us with one of the worst, non responsive headunits in the market (It's what I can say about the 2016 yaris). Your best bet is to get an aftermarket headunit from AliExpress and pay 300-400 euro for the one with the best specs (which supports AA and AC).

3-400 on aliexpress lol i would not touch anything from there if you like your audio

you can get AA/AC from the likes of pioneer and alpine in that price range that has a warranty, parts back up and full support eg. AVH-Z5100DAB or iLX700

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links