Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers Side Mirror indicator Repeater Fault

password1234

The Repeater indicator on on my Auris 2010 Model stopped working all of a sudden, so ordered a brand new one and got it fitted and it still does not work

Is it likely to be the part i ordered is faulty or could there be something else perhaps? I thought it was as simple as just swapping it out and replacing the new one in but the new one does not seem to work either (but i got it from eBay it could be faulty even)

The Left hand side passengers side work

This is what i purchased, its the right part and fits in okay

any ideas?

Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 13.18.03.png

Two units in a row that don't work won't be a coincidence. 🤔 Somewhere or other, you've got a leccy bit that isn't delivering the juice.

Could be a lot of things, but most likely to be a dicky connector somewhere - assuming, of course, that other parts of your mirror assembly work. (Adjuster motor, mirror demister etc. I'm assuming you've checked those?) Of course it might be a failed flasher unit, but that's for the future.

I don't know the Auris's wiring diagram - I never needed to tangle with it! - but I'd doubt that there's very much cabling between your mirror indicator and the relay. Happy to be corrected. 🙁

As above - I'd check the wiring at the mirror with a multimeter - see if it's getting power when activated...

BTW, how much is the part? My passenger one is cracked could do with replacing it before the MOT.

5 hours ago, MagicBoy said:

As above - I'd check the wiring at the mirror with a multimeter - see if it's getting power when activated...

BTW, how much is the part? My passenger one is cracked could do with replacing it before the MOT.

Thanks for the replies

got it from eBay for £25 (not genuine some knock off)

I managed to isolate it it by the part being faulty, I disconnected the left side mirror connected it to the drivers side as a test and that worked..took the new part connected it to left hand side and that didnt work so have isolated it to the part i got was faulty

6 hours ago, Countrylad said:

Two units in a row that don't work won't be a coincidence. 🤔 Somewhere or other, you've got a leccy bit that isn't delivering the juice.

Could be a lot of things, but most likely to be a dicky connector somewhere - assuming, of course, that other parts of your mirror assembly work. (Adjuster motor, mirror demister etc. I'm assuming you've checked those?) Of course it might be a failed flasher unit, but that's for the future.

I don't know the Auris's wiring diagram - I never needed to tangle with it! - but I'd doubt that there's very much cabling between your mirror indicator and the relay. Happy to be corrected. 🙁

Thanks! First unit actually someone hit it and had a small crack and i did not even think of testing it until it failed the MOT which it got picked up on so ordered a new one online, so who knows how long it was never working for..its one of these things you dont notice

Back in 2014, genuine ones were around £23

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links