Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Messages: Check Engine System, Check 4x4 System, Check Vsc System

EAWright

Hello, my first post! I have a 2012 Diesel auto RAV-4, 45000 miles, full 12 mph MOT - which has check engine system and 4x4 system error messages on constantly.  The dealership said first that it’s the particulate filter (DPF?) which would cost £1600 to replace, then looking at it again they said now the gearbox is going, so I should trade it in to them (for £3300) as it’s going to cost £4000 to replace. I do want to change it but not through them!  Any advice?  

9 hours ago, EAWright said:

Hello, my first post! I have a 2012 Diesel auto RAV-4, 45000 miles, full 12 mph MOT - which has check engine system and 4x4 system error messages on constantly.  The dealership said first that it’s the particulate filter (DPF?) which would cost £1600 to replace, then looking at it again they said now the gearbox is going, so I should trade it in to them (for £3300) as it’s going to cost £4000 to replace. I do want to change it but not through them!  Any advice?  

Hi Get a second opinion that doesn’t seem right to me , 2012 45k gearbox gone ? No chance more like an ecu fault . Personally I would give Roy’s Motor Company a call in Norwich and speak to Ian and ask his advice, independent Toyota dealer for last 40 years 01603 424877. Nothing to loose worth asking for second opinion.

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

This is a 9 year old+ thread

Yep but she asked the question 10 hours ago obviously looking for some help .

Split into new topic as symptoms different to previous topic

Has the dealer read any codes and, if so, what are they?

Dealership is official Toyota dealership?

Even then, mine failed to diagnose smoke as a faulty fifth injector. 

Definitely get second opinion. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links