Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota avensis 2016 auto headlights

Excavator

I am having an issue with the auto headlights on my 2016 Toyota avensis estate,they have stopped working auto work perfectly on manual, been to dealer they say it's all working ok ,I know they are controlled by the camera that is mounted in the windscreen, this camera controls other things too,the lane change warning,the speed signs,crash controlled auto wipers these all work fine except the auto headlights. Has anyone experienced this problem. 

• Confused 1

Moved to the Avensis club.

On 1/12/2020 at 7:46 AM, Excavator said:

I am having an issue with the auto headlights on my 2016 Toyota avensis estate,they have stopped working auto work perfectly on manual, been to dealer they say it's all working ok ,I know they are controlled by the camera that is mounted in the windscreen, this camera controls other things too,the lane change warning,the speed signs,crash controlled auto wipers these all work fine except the auto headlights. Has anyone experienced this problem. 

You said the auto lights are not working, but the dealer says they are? You need to take it back or go to another dealer/garage, and with you present to demonstrate the fault. I suspect that whoever checked, may have not understood your issue or not checked properly. 
I think your car is within warranty, depending on mileage and other factors. If so, see if this is covered.

just go back to the dealer and drive the car into the nearest multi/storey car park .with the mechanic .. mine switch on as soon as you hit the dimmer lighting  inside..simple.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply I am taking it into another dealership next week let's hope they can solve problem.it is still under warranty so fingers crossed.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say thanks to Toyota Vantage at Tamworth my auto lights are now back up and running after 3 days of testing it turned out that the lazer cameras in the windscreen had to be re calibrated. Done under warranty a great team at Tamworth dealership. 

• Like 1