Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris o2 sensors

tyler82

How many o2 sensors does my Toyota Auris  2017   1.8 Hybrid?  Also what it the difference between them and where they are located?

2 sensors only - pre and post cat, 1 in the manifold and the other post cat  17 plate should be under warrantee unless it up in the mileage they shouldn't be an issue

There a mare to get too as its at the back of the engine

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

2 sensors only - pre and post cat, 1 in the manifold and the other post cat  17 plate should be under warrantee unless it up in the mileage they shouldn't be an issue

There a mare to get too as its at the back of the engine

It has been stolen...They cut it off and take it along the cat converter....Thats why i want find out wich one need to buy. They cut off the sensor and i have got only four wire now...

• Sad 1

It is the post-cat O2 sensor that has been cut and taken.

(The sensor nearest to the engine does not get stolen.)

It would have looked like this:-

P1120975.thumb.JPG.454d9cc51d5f9606e3e759f393923431.JPG

P1130004.thumb.JPG.c1732fc52f41f883c70a8b887fa1e95e.JPG

P1130016a.thumb.JPG.e64a4aafe4429e18f30c546b074b7eed.JPG

To give a greater understanding of these thefts, would you mind telling us where the car was parked and at what time of day?

Were there any CCTV cameras or witnesses?

Did the car have any extra security for cat. protection e.g. a 'Catlock' fitted?

Are you are looking to do the replacement yourself?

Apologies for all the questions, you have my genuine sympathies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

😐 The primary cat on the hybrid auris runs up between the bulk head and the engine,

so has the cat been taken (the cat bolts up to the manifold), the sensor pictured is post cat

edit. The oem sensor should be Denso a quick look shows it as a DOX-0566

On 1/14/2020 at 8:08 AM, Gerg said:

It is the post-cat O2 sensor that has been cut and taken.

(The sensor nearest to the engine does not get stolen.)

It would have looked like this:-

P1120975.thumb.JPG.454d9cc51d5f9606e3e759f393923431.JPG

P1130004.thumb.JPG.c1732fc52f41f883c70a8b887fa1e95e.JPG

P1130016a.thumb.JPG.e64a4aafe4429e18f30c546b074b7eed.JPG

To give a greater understanding of these thefts, would you mind telling us where the car was parked and at what time of day?

Were there any CCTV cameras or witnesses?

Did the car have any extra security for cat. protection e.g. a 'Catlock' fitted?

Are you are looking to do the replacement yourself?

Apologies for all the questions, you have my genuine sympathies.

Thanks. The pics helps a lot. I am replacing aftermarket cat converter but the sensor is genuine Toyota part. I was thinking to fix myself but found a garage does the job with genuine toyota parts or high quality japanese parts. (not official Toyota dealership)

Unfortunatelly there was no  CCTV or witnesses. It was around 3.45-4.05am sunday 12th January  Greenford area UB6 postcode not far from Sudbury Town  station. My car was parking on my driveway not on the street...

I have not got any protection unfortunatelly.

Also i do not know how many heath shield installed originally on the cat converter? I want to replace also as the buglars left behind (one piece) but it has been riped off... Also i do not know how is it fitted by bolts or plastic rivets? I was found some broken plastic rivets next to the heath shield guess that is mounting to the chassis? Would be appreciated for some pics illustration.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for that information.

From my understanding, the heat shield that has been ripped off would probably be the one in the lower-centre of the first and second picture, and shown off the car in the fifth picture.

It is very thin, and held on by four identical plastic clips along its front, curved edge.  All the other holes are for drainage or air flow.

The third picture shows the left hand side of the first box with its heat shield.  There is no heat shield on the right hand side.

The fourth picture is of one of your two manifold bolts and springs.

The fifth picture is the heat shield that you have that is damaged(?), but flat on the floor.

It would be very interesting to hear how much the replacement eventually costs you.

Hope this helps.

P1120975.thumb.JPG.dbc6de9a95da48f3e43428f95c731bc2.JPG

P1120982.thumb.JPG.53db96f19da2d2befee767a74ab828fe.JPG

P1120993.thumb.JPG.be1c8532e58242e5047bf0459436604b.JPG

P1130044a.thumb.JPG.21816cdea422969d5458ca79738092fe.JPG

P1130200a.thumb.JPG.070faabcf5d044ec1bad9743d535b4dd.JPG

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gerg said:

Hi, thanks for that information.

From my understanding, the heat shield that has been ripped off would probably be the one in the lower-centre of the first and second picture, and shown off the car in the fifth picture.

It is very thin, and held on by four identical plastic clips along its front, curved edge.  All the other holes are for drainage or air flow.

The third picture shows the left hand side of the first box with its heat shield.  There is no heat shield on the right hand side.

The fourth picture is of one of your two manifold bolts and springs.

The fifth picture is the heat shield that you have that is damaged(?), but flat on the floor.

It would be very interesting to hear how much the replacement eventually costs you.

Hope this helps.

P1120975.thumb.JPG.dbc6de9a95da48f3e43428f95c731bc2.JPG

P1120982.thumb.JPG.53db96f19da2d2befee767a74ab828fe.JPG

P1120993.thumb.JPG.be1c8532e58242e5047bf0459436604b.JPG

P1130044a.thumb.JPG.21816cdea422969d5458ca79738092fe.JPG

P1130200a.thumb.JPG.070faabcf5d044ec1bad9743d535b4dd.JPG

Thanks for the information and pics helping me a lot.

It looks like only the last pics seen heath shield has been taken off what they left behind. It looks a bit worn but i can fold it back to its shape by hand (very soft almost like kitchen foil) and the holes for the pin are also undamaged. I have got some plastic clips recently from eBay hope will does to mounting back.

Succesfully has been replaced my cat conv with the o2 sensor. It was cost over 700GBP...

I have now one spare cat converter for sale. If you are interested message me. 

IMG_20200116_124516.jpg

IMG_20200116_124506.jpg

IMG_20200116_124454.jpg

IMG_20200116_124439.jpg

IMG_20200116_124352.jpg

IMG_20200116_124304.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for updating this.  The new exhaust looks like it might be an ECP supplied one, although your mechanic might have gone somewhere else, or not mentioned his supplier to you.

I have an idea that the bit you have left over might be a silencer box rather than a catalyst, but then I could be wrong - I'm still learning about all this!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tyler82 said:

Succesfully has been replaced my cat conv with the o2 sensor. It was cost over 700GBP...

I have now one spare cat converter for sale. If you are interested message me. 

There is a for sale section of the forum, it would be best to post there.

53 minutes ago, furtula said:

There is a for sale section of the forum, it would be best to post there.

Thanks for the info. Will post it there

1 hour ago, Gerg said:

Thanks for updating this.  The new exhaust looks like it might be an ECP supplied one, although your mechanic might have gone somewhere else, or not mentioned his supplier to you.

I have an idea that the bit you have left over might be a silencer box rather than a catalyst, but then I could be wrong - I'm still learning about all this!

The mechanics who came into my house was a bit dodgy...He was installing this cat converter wich is for sale now. It was an unpacked original sealed euro car parts stuff. But it was a bit strange as he was asking for the original bolts & springs as he said the new one does not fit....But i have got only one so he was installing with one bolt & spring at the muffler side. Also he was not giving the invoice and the rest of the converter...He was giving invoice about the fitting wich was include the parts...But he did not bring o2 sensor so i have got new cat converter without o2 sensor.

Anyway i was fed up with him and went an other garage who was re- fitting the whole staff with warranty and that is why  the first installed part is for sale now as i do not need anymore.

• 2 years later...
On 1/15/2020 at 7:16 PM, tyler82 said:

Thanks. The pics helps a lot. I am replacing aftermarket cat converter but the sensor is genuine Toyota part. I was thinking to fix myself but found a garage does the job with genuine toyota parts or high quality japanese parts. (not official Toyota dealership)

Unfortunatelly there was no  CCTV or witnesses. It was around 3.45-4.05am sunday 12th January  Greenford area UB6 postcode not far from Sudbury Town  station. My car was parking on my driveway not on the street...

Can you share the details of the garage?

How much did you pay?

What is the TOYOTA O2 sensor part number you ordered?

Sorry for so many questions but it happened to me too.

You can also buy the identical part if you know the Denso or NGK type Toyota use. Toyota only rebox the sensor in Toyota box. 

• Like 1

Get a proper catlock with rivets instalation. It is much harder to remove rivets than any bolts.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 7:16 PM, tyler82 said:

Mine got stolen last December 21 in broad daylight from a busy retail park in the middle of the afternoon ,I had it replaced but am suspecting the O2  sensors weren't correctly replaced or are faulty as fuel consumption is really exspensive it's barley getting 37 average ,also the eco computer display rises very slowly and peaks quite low around 40s nothing like it used to were it would start at 99.9 ( now tends to start at 0.0 and rise very slowly and rise and fall during the trip increasing rapidly ,the Battery is in good condition and charging correctly passed it's health check ,even in pure ev mode when running round town  the climb is  very slow ,were as previously it would climb vert rapidly indeed this is all based in the same routes have had the car 6 years so totaly used to exactly how it performs but the difference since the cat being replaced is stark 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, jet1969 said:

Mine got stolen last December 21 in broad daylight from a busy retail park in the middle of the afternoon ,I had it replaced but am suspecting the O2  sensors weren't correctly replaced or are faulty as fuel consumption is really exspensive it's barley getting 37 average ,also the eco computer display rises very slowly and peaks quite low around 40s nothing like it used to were it would start at 99.9 ( now tends to start at 0.0 and rise very slowly and rise and fall during the trip increasing rapidly ,the battery is in good condition and charging correctly passed it's health check ,even in pure ev mode when running round town  the climb is  very slow ,were as previously it would climb vert rapidly indeed this is all based in the same routes have had the car 6 years so totaly used to exactly how it performs but the difference since the cat being replaced is stark 

Have you installed an original Toyota exhaust or aftermarket?