Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Aygo spare wheel

152bobby

Now that I have the new Aygo for my daughter, I want to stick in a spare wheel, as this car came with none.

Is the spare for a Aygo a full size spare or a space saver ?

Ideally, a genuine Toyota one, with wheel, tool tray, tools and the wheel securing nut, so its securely fitted.

Toyota will probably  charge about £200 for this, has anyone any ideas or alternatives ?

Thanks

The Toyota supplied spare is a space saver.

And I have confirmed, just a smidgen over £200 from Mr T.

Hopefully I'll find someone selling one or maybe look at the multitude of ones that are on eBay, but I'm never sure which one to pick !!!

The safety spare tyre itself is surprisingly expensive, even if bought from a normal tyre retailer - they are about £150 for an Auris-sized one.  Something to think about if buying a wheel secondhand.

Thanks for that, just got off the phone to someone on eBay breaking a 2015 Aygo and it has a genuine 15" Toyota Aygo space saver, even has the Toyota sticker still on it and is unused.  Just the tyre and wheel, so I just need to source the other tools that fit in the tray, which I do have !!!

It won't fit in your tray, but Home Bargains usually have a telescopic wheel wrench and 1 reversible socket (1/2" square drive) for £4.99.

I've not used that specific one, but as a tool in general they are excellent.

I don't know what the socket sizes are that it covers, though.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll check that out.  To be honest, I can't see my daughter even looking in the boot, never mind attempting to change it, it's really for the AA man.....she knows how to call that number 😂

47 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Thanks, I'll check that out.  To be honest, I can't see my daughter even looking in the boot, never mind attempting to change it, it's really for the AA man.....she knows how to call that number 😂

I think we are underestimating our daughters here. My daughter was at the dealer recently getting her 4 year old Hyundai serviced and managed to charm the garage guy to replace her half dead Battery for free. And the service cost (oil, filter, inspection etc) was just 36 US dollars. I almost fell off my chair when I heard that and this is a large Hyundai dealer that we are talking about!! Daughters are smarter! That is my slogan now.😁

• Like 1

You are correct, of course 😂.  This is a upgrade for her after driving a crappy cheap practice car for 3 years since she passed her driving test.  Apart from the odd scrape here and there, it's a well deserved proper upgrade.

Hi!

As you point as, the price of the genuine Toyota accessory is crazy!

The tools provided look like toys that will break if you put too much force while using them. Moreover, the space saver was shaking in the boot of my Aygo, which was driving me nuts. I had to put foam around it to prevent it from shaking.

On my latest Aygo, I bought all items separately: tyre, rim, jack, tools. It cost me half the price and I have the best quality available. But I admit it was quite rare and hard to find for a mk2 Aygo.

I have the wheel and tow hole thingy !!! I'll get the rest as and when, but at least there is a space saver if she calls the AA out 👍, and yes, I've done the same and put padding around the spare 👍

My 2012 aygo came with a full sized spare, jack and wheel nut tool + spare wheel nuts if I wanted to take the locking nuts off.

12 hours ago, Noah'sArk said:

My 2012 aygo came with a full sized spare, jack and wheel nut tool + spare wheel nuts if I wanted to take the locking nuts off.

Our 2008 Aygo also has a full size spare wheel and a jack.

I only paid £115 for a space saver for my Yaris and it came with everything needed and that was from the main dealer! so that price they give you is a bit of a joke, lucky the 2018 onward Aygo's have a space saver in them all? the Aygo Trend i got had one in it. 

Edited by Eddie G
Spelling mistake.

Spare wheel kit currently for sale  - 

Bloody hell.....crap timing for me, I've just bought a space saver, a genuine Aygo boot liner and yesterday just ordered a full set of genuine Toyota rubber mats 🥺🥺🥺

If you do end up breaking up the items, could I have first dibs on the tools and insert ?  Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links