Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Correct oil for 2017 Excel Tourer 1.8 vvt-i

estate

I used the tool on the Toyota GB site to check the correct oil grade for my vehicle and it came up with: 0W20 AFE, however checking my invoice from my last service at the local Toyota dealers it stated: 5W30 PFE. 

Anyone any ideas? 

Screenshot_20200114-202737_Chrome.jpg

Toyota's recommended oil is 0W-20 to either API SL, SM or SN standard.

See also (Optimal Drive petrol engine) -

36 minutes ago, estate said:

I used the tool on the Toyota GB site to check the correct oil grade for my vehicle and it came up with: 0W20 AFE, however checking my invoice from my last service at the local Toyota dealers it stated: 5W30 PFE. 

Anyone any ideas? 

Screenshot_20200114-202737_Chrome.jpg

Hi I use Mobil 5w30 in my Toyota avensis tourer 2l diesel

Thank you Mike, you've answered my query. Will make enquiries with them, when I next have it serviced. 

Since owning my current '09 Avensis from 2015, I always use 0W/20. I remember asking the parts man at my local Toyota dealer what grade, as a test, and he said 5W/30! When I corrected him, his response was "that oil is for the hybrids"! Most of the recent petrol and hybrid engines in Toyota preferred oil grade is 0W/20. I wonder if some of the hybrids have had 5W/30 oil at service?

Some of my posts regarding the oil grade.

When my Prius or the wife’s Auris hybrid due for service, on the phone booking I specify 0w-20 oil, and when I drop off the car I refer to 0w-20 oil again.                  
I know manufacturers can’t be so specific these days, but if Mr T prefers 0w-20 in the hybrid engines, then that’s what I prefer to be put in.            
I don’t think there is anything wrong using 5w-30, tends to be a bit cheaper and that maybe why dealer/garages will want to use instead or 0w-20.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your response. 

Here is Toyota GB response:

We've spoken with the experts here and can confirm that 5W-30 oil will not harm your vehicle and in the past we have recommended this as an alternative to 0W-30. However, going forward we now only recommend 0W-30 oil in your Avensis.

So it looks like 0W-30 oil from now on.