Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issue with electrics?

Tom7654

Hi All, I've noticed a couple of weird things happening with my 2013 Yaris over the past few days and wondering if anyone has experienced similar or knows what might be going on.

Yesterday I spotted the lights flashing through my house window and when I opened the front door the remote locking was automatically triggering open and closed continuously. My fob was on my desk so nothing was triggering the button. I pressed the lock button and it locked and I have not noticed this again. This morning I was driving the kids to school and the radio kept switching stations on its own.

Two very different and very odd things, if either had happened on their own I would have just put it down to random occurrence but both happening within 24 hours has me slightly concerned.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Interference from a strong source..microwaves?

Hi, it sounds like you've got a short circuit somewhere. It might be down to damp weather. Try and do a longer run (than school run) with the recirc selected and warm air or A/C selected.

Thanks - I'm guessing a short circuit is far more likely than electromagnetic interference. I'll try a long run out when I get chance

3 hours ago, Bomber209 said:

It might be down to damp weather.

Maybe this is relevant, on a Peugeot 406, I had very similar symptoms to yours, except the dashboard needles and gauges seemed possessed as well.  It was a company car so I called the AA out, as much as anything as a witness to what was going on.

He was rather confused as to the cause, so he got the symptoms checked on the AA database at head office.  One other owner had recorded the exact fault - it was recorded that some water had got into the boot mounted CD multichanger of that car.  He disconnected it on my car and the fault immediately stopped. 

It's worth noting that the cd changer was CAN bus attached to the car's wiring.  Later, in order to not make a special trip to the dealer, I removed the multichanger, there was only a few drips inside that I could see, so I got it nice and hot with a hairdryer and reconnected it.  The fault never reappeared.

Thanks for the input. Guess I can tell my wife that the car is not haunted!

• Like 1