Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For the love of all that is good, how...

Vin (Code) Diesel

...do I deactivate the seatbelt warning on a 2005 Avensis.

I can't move my car around the parking lot without that infernal beeping!

• Sad 1

I'll look up the exact procedure when I get a chance, it is basically turn the ignition on whilst holding in the trip counter reset button for about ten seconds. Don't start the engine. Then comes the part where having three hands would be useful, as you need to fasten your seatbelt whilst holding in the button, I think. Your odometer mileage display should change to reab B-ON or B-OFF. B-OFF is what you need to see. This also turns off the passenger beeper, so remember to keep an eye on their seatbelt status if your warnings are off. I can't remember if it matters that you start on the main mileage display or one of the trip counters.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paul9 said:

I'll look up the exact procedure when I get a chance, it is basically turn the ignition on whilst holding in the trip counter reset button for about ten seconds. Don't start the engine. Then comes the part where having three hands would be useful, as you need to fasten your seatbelt whilst holding in the button, I think. Your odometer mileage display should change to reab B-ON or B-OFF. B-OFF is what you need to see. This also turns off the passenger beeper, so remember to keep an eye on their seatbelt status if your warnings are off. I can't remember if it matters that you start on the main mileage display or one of the trip counters.

I searched on YouTube and Paul is correct. One video say to make sure the trip is in ODO mode, not trip 1 or 2. 

I won't be doing this myself, but it's good to know.

• Thanks 1

You may have saved this Toyota owner's sanity from a thorough thrashing.

Thank you!!

I feel the same pain every time I have had a flat or disconnected Battery. The alarm resests, so keep a copy of the instructions. Annoys the heck out of me when a passenger unclips the belt before the car stops and that !Removed! noise starts, lol.

OK, that worked beautifully and the two things that bugged me about the car have been sorted!

(There really wasn't much!)