Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coil pack stick for toyota 03 hatch,

Als68

I av swooped n tried coil pack stick, as was told cud b tht causing the flapping noise!!! But no different, it stil drives n pulls ok, but flapping noise occurs only wen in gear, any ideas plz?? 🤔 🙏🙄It drivin me nuts🤕

I didn't really understand what you are saying, but I guess you have a noise when the car is in gear. Does the noise happen whilst the car is stationary any in gear or moving. If stationary, does pressing the clutch stop the noise? This could relate to transmission problem! Does the noise increase with the engine speed or road speed.

Possible causes. If moving and under load, then the engine could be shifting enough to cause exhaust or inlet parts to leak. An engine mount has broken causing a moving part to touch. 
Clutch or gearbox has a problem. 
A foreign object lodge in brake area, wheel bearing, loose wheel nuts!

You need to give a more detailed description of when/how the noise has occurs, using my pointers, to roughly get an idea of possible causes. It's hard not being there in person to give a better diagnosis. You may need to find a friendly garage or person with a bit of knowledge locally to help you. 

• Like 1

The flapping noise only occurs when the car is engaged into gears all5"the noise doesn't occur when not in gear,,also noise doznt go when clutch is dipped,, engine revs up good, drives stops steers👌 🙏defo not drive shaft or bearings🤔it's got me baffled🤔😌thanks for input tho👍

Check the gearbox oil level, what has a coil pack got to do with gearbox issue

Have you had any work done recently, it sounds like someone may have put a cable tie on your drive shaft, or do you have something on the aerial (topper or tinsel)

No offence but please use proper English as it makes posts more readable and you will get more replies

• Like 2

Propa english🤔😁😁😁lol different dialects all over england🤔👌no not had any work done lately, defo not tinsel on ariel 🤔n it's a bit louder than a zip tie around a drive shaft😌and someone's suggested it could be not firing on all cylinders🙄hense coil pack stick👍😏 it's very rare gearbox oil need topping up, but I shall endure to check tht👍thank u for ur input and advice

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links