Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 hybrid interior fuse box location

DaveKA

I am hoping I don't need a trip to the optician but I cannot find the interior (under/behind the glove box) fuse box. The owner's manual diagram is not terribly clear, but the only cover I can find on the passenger side is the pollen filter. I want to hard wire a Dashcam using a piggyback fuse on the power socket fuse.

Please can someone tell me where this fuse box is?

Also is there a wiring diagram available for the 2019 Rav4 Excel AWS?

Many thanks

Dave

iirc its up under the dash it may have a black cover on it oblong box (edit. that may be the previous model)

is it the new rav4 ?

Thanks Bob,

Yes it is the new model, I'll try and get my head right underneath after this weather has passed.

Dave

Behind the glovebox, remove the glovebox to see it 

It’s under the bottom cover below the glovebox. The cover is held on by 3 clips along the front. Don’t think the glove box has to come out for it, but might help for routing the cable anyway. 

I also removed the side plastic that is held on by a plastic nut in the passenger footwell as there is a bolt there which I used for the negative wire. 

Can’t see which fuse it is I used for definite, but you should be able to tell as the colours will be the same on yours. The fuse box lid says which fuse does what the car uses micro fuses (I think) where as the Halfords and Nextbase Hardwire kits use Mini fuses. It still fits but you won’t get the cover back on the fuse box. I left all the spare cable and fuse box lid on top of the plastic guard when I re-fit it so it doesn’t go missing. 

90782247-BF16-4DC0-B381-79AD933F9084.jpeg

B055A99F-DF16-4C02-8C93-C8B47A2E1566.jpeg

A3185E67-1358-4370-BE0F-3F56CCAA1F93.jpeg

ADFB15C2-0DDD-4E53-B072-E2ABF1EA86D5.jpeg

Many thanks for the replies, especially the pictures, the job is now underway. 

Tools needed - a brighter torch, a kneeling mat and a more flexible neck, though I couldn't source the latter, the old one had to do. I hope I never need to change a fuse by the side of the road in the rain!

I have changed my plan and am now driving a rear-view camera and my caravan rear-view camera from the piggyback fuse and the Dashcam from a usb port as it only wants 5 volts.

Dave

I had the Toyota Nextbase dash cam fitted by Toyota , and I hope I never have to check a fuse, Easy access does not seem to have been a design priority here !

Paul

• 9 months later...

I have a RAV4 2020 Hybrid, I previously had a RAV4 2017 (diesel) which I fitted a Nextbase dash cam using the Nextbase hard wire kit. On the 2017 Rav I piggy backed the 12v power outlet 15v from the fuse box under the glove box .I’ve tried to do the same in the 2020 Hybrid, however when I put the hardwire kit into the 15v fuse slot for the power outlet, it works for a very short time and then stops. I initially thought it was blowing fuses, but this is not the case. I’ve tried in the radio fuse outlet, however despite the radio coming on with the ignition, when I tried this fuse with the hardwire kit, the dash cam in permanent live, which is not what I want. Can anybody suggest what I need to do, if all else fails I’ll get it fitted at a garage, but it was simple in the old Rav.

• 10 months later...

Good evening

I'm looking for a bit of info please.

My recently purchased 2019 RAV4 Dynamic has had a Next Base Dash Cam wired via the under the glove box fuse board. No problem there other than the "extender fuse wiring" means the fuse board cover no longer fits and has been "disposed of" 

I have two problems that can possibly be resolved by replacing blown fuses within this distribution board but without an allocation chart it will be a matter of pull, test replace/restore the fuses. My two problems are:-

1) I have no power at Power Outlet 1/Cigarette lighter 

2) I have no USB power at the two USB outlets inside the arm rest ( the two for rear seat passengers work fine)

If anyone can point me towards a fuse allocation table/diagram I would be most grateful as the only one I have found online for the "glove box fuses" shows three banks of fuses whereas my car only has two.

Cheers

Gary

14 minutes ago, CA2RAV4 said:

Good evening

I'm looking for a bit of info please.

My recently purchased 2019 RAV4 Dynamic has had a Next Base Dash Cam wired via the under the glove box fuse board. No problem there other than the "extender fuse wiring" means the fuse board cover no longer fits and has been "disposed of" 

I have two problems that can possibly be resolved by replacing blown fuses within this distribution board but without an allocation chart it will be a matter of pull, test replace/restore the fuses. My two problems are:-

1) I have no power at Power Outlet 1/Cigarette lighter 

2) I have no USB power at the two USB outlets inside the arm rest ( the two for rear seat passengers work fine)

If anyone can point me towards a fuse allocation table/diagram I would be most grateful as the only one I have found online for the "glove box fuses" shows three banks of fuses whereas my car only has two.

Cheers

Gary

If the fuse board is in the same location as the hybrid corolla it’s under passenger side dash right at the back on the left hand side

you have to remove the under dash cover just clips in on my car the dash cam was wired into the 15 amp fuse (with a piggy back fuse) 1 amp for the dash cam this 15 amp fuse also powers the 12v socket in the armrest the fuse is located (on mine anyway) right at the back of the fuse board towards the engine on the left. Not sure what fuse powers the rear usb sockets as I don’t have them in my car.

2 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

If the fuse board is in the same location as the hybrid corolla it’s under passenger side dash right at the back on the left hand side

you have to remove the under dash cover just clips in on my car the dash cam was wired into the 15 amp fuse (with a piggy back fuse) 1 amp for the dash cam this 15 amp fuse also powers the 12v socket in the armrest the fuse is located (on mine anyway) right at the back of the fuse board towards the engine on the left. Not sure what fuse powers the rear usb sockets as I don’t have them in my car.  If the dealer fitted the dash cam they should have left the fuse cover in the glove box.

Thanks Rosgoe

I did a bit more digging last night and found what appears to be a photo of the " missing" cover (see link below) 

It appears to clarify my Power Outlet 1/Cigarette lighter fuse issue but still leaves me scratching my head re the USB's inside the armrest.

https://www.rav4world.com/threads/2019-e-xperiene-hybrid-fuse-box.296231/#lg=thread-296231&slide=0

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links