Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pearl white paint peeling

Badpaintjob

The OP asked has anyone else had this problem?

Yes. And Toyota's warranty is 3 years and the peeling started after 5 years and Toyota just says "out of warranty". The estimate to fix it is around $6K.

My response? Tell your friends to never buy a Toyota. They sell defective cars won't stand behind them. 

• 9 months later...

Have a Prius 2010 with  blizzard pearl paint color.  Paint has been peeling for many years. When I initially contacted Toyota, they said that my VIN number was not listed as one to be repainted but may be added in the future.  Today, many years later, Toyota sent me a letter about a voluntary Customer support Program that has been initiated to address the peeling on my car. Need to take it to Toyota Authorized Dealer where pictures will be taken and submitted to Toyota Corporate for final authorization.  Thankful Toyota stood by their commitment to customer satisfaction.  Hopefully, this will give us hope to those of you still awaiting for Toyota to respond to your complaints about paint peeling.

• Like 4

Thanks for that information. Good to say which country is that volunteering note. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Thanks for that information. Good to say which country is that volunteering note. 

It is the US and they had a programme for this issue announced in 2020, although at the time the Prius was not one of the models included !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

By any chance Toyota uk would like to help me and re spray my two rear doors I would be gladly appreciated 😉   
Last year rear right door paint started pilling off and this year the rear left one. My idea is to wrap them with similar wrap like prototypes cars and drive it like that. It will be interesting, plus the car is sort of experimental one anyway so all in and all will be fine. 😂

Anyone any suggestion where I can buy some wrap like ths or similar? 

Thanks 

F09EE347-7DB3-4704-AA14-5AC2E8FA82D6.webp

A2B0B20A-57E9-4FDB-A56F-F0E09EB8D731.png

• Like 1