Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Foy

Armrest for 2019 Yaris Hybrid

Recommended Posts

Anyone know where I can obtain an armrest for a 2019 Yaris Hybrid and price. Has anyone found and fitted one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did fit an Armster to my Yaris. Certainly not cheap! Fitting was easy but - I was not impressed by it's quality. On mine there was insufficient friction in the hinge which meant that when positioned upright, it gradually dropped and with a light brake application it just flopped down. the friction is non adjustable, I asked them. The centre console of the Yaris is not that rigid either, that's what it is attached to, as a consequence the rest could be moved from side to side very easily. Handy storage though.

I also found that access to the handbrake was poor when the rest was in the down position and some sort of contortion required. A bit silly having to raise the rest every time the handbrake was applied. I sold it and have never even contemplated another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the input Peter, that might just make me change my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2016 Toyota Yaris Hybrid (model for German market) is called Style Comfort, and I assume that Comfort stands for the trim line where the drivers seat has an arm rest. The current car is sold as Style Select, and it seems to have this arm rest as a standard.

I was looking forward for this arm rest, but now I rarely use it. Here is a photo of it (Source: Toyota)

https://t1-carassets.toyota-europe.com/fade45f5-4a8c-4c04-b6fa-641430ceac3c.JPG

It is too short, and being a big guy, I feel fenced in by the arm rest. So I tried it two or three times, then I folded it up and forgot it.

I have seen several aftermarket solutions which seem to fit into the rear, bigger cupholder of the center console. So the complete armrest sits on a base which has a kind of a cone at the lower end, and this cone snugs into this cupholder (which is too big to hold a cup anyway).

I have never tried such an arm rest, but I think it may also not work too good, because this arm rest will not travel when you move the seat.

So, actually I am getting familiar with the situation of having another car without armrest;-)

 

Best regards from Bavaria

Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the armrest for?  The front seat passenger?  Hopefully not the driver.

Mick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Mick F said:

What's the armrest for?  The front seat passenger?  Hopefully not the driver.

Mick.

Two hands on the wheel at all times Mick👏👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sampleman said:

My 2016 Toyota Yaris Hybrid (model for German market) is called Style Comfort, and I assume that Comfort stands for the trim line where the drivers seat has an arm rest. The current car is sold as Style Select, and it seems to have this arm rest as a standard.

I was looking forward for this arm rest, but now I rarely use it. Here is a photo of it (Source: Toyota)

https://t1-carassets.toyota-europe.com/fade45f5-4a8c-4c04-b6fa-641430ceac3c.JPG

It is too short, and being a big guy, I feel fenced in by the arm rest. So I tried it two or three times, then I folded it up and forgot it.

I have seen several aftermarket solutions which seem to fit into the rear, bigger cupholder of the center console. So the complete armrest sits on a base which has a kind of a cone at the lower end, and this cone snugs into this cupholder (which is too big to hold a cup anyway).

I have never tried such an arm rest, but I think it may also not work too good, because this arm rest will not travel when you move the seat.

So, actually I am getting familiar with the situation of having another car without armrest;-)

 

Best regards from Bavaria

Frank

Thanks Frank, well that’s put the notion of the armrest out of my head 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Two hands on the wheel at all times Mick👏👏

Exactly.

The driver shouldn't need or use an armrest.

Mick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine from Wood Company Italy.

Very sturdy with the ability to slide backwards and forwards. Fitted my previous 2014 Yaris and the current 2019 model.

Also provides much needed storage space under the lid.

Passengers love it. Be honest with an automatic you do not sit in a traffic jam with both arms clutching the steering wheel.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bemused2 said:

Passengers love it. Be honest with an automatic you do not sit in a traffic jam with both arms clutching the steering wheel.

 

 

Rarely in a traffic jam, but I take your point - sort of.  If you are stopped in a jam, you have a lap to rest your arms on.  Hybrids aren't automatic BTW, but that's me being a bit pedantic (as I often am - sorry.)

I bet the passengers do love it ....... and the storage is a bonus of course.

Mick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mick F said:

Exactly.

The driver shouldn't need or use an armrest.

Mick

I used it all the time when driving. To look cool, I would recline nonchalantly, resting my left forearm on the rest and drape my right hand and wrist at 12 0'clock on the steering wheel.🤠

No I didn't or do!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bemused2 said:

Got mine from Wood Company Italy.

Very sturdy with the ability to slide backwards and forwards. Fitted my previous 2014 Yaris and the current 2019 model.

Also provides much needed storage space under the lid.

Passengers love it. Be honest with an automatic you do not sit in a traffic jam with both arms clutching the steering wheel.

 

 

Looked up Wood Company Italy Martin, and although not cheap the armrest looks like a great product. Thanks for your info, the purchase of the armrest is back on the agenda.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 5:25 PM, Bernard Foy said:

Looked up Wood Company Italy Martin, and although not cheap the armrest looks like a great product. Thanks for your info, the purchase of the armrest is back on the agenda.

Armrest ordered from Wood Company Italy. Even though not during business hours they replied by email to several queries I had.

Standard unit €130, the one I ordered included adjustable and bespoke auto fabric and white stitching, €150, including shipping.

Will give update after arrival and fitting and testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hope you like it and it lasts. Mine has managed four years and looks like new. Otherwise I will never forgive myself in the recommendation. Must lie down now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest easy Martin 😂🤣, it hasn’t arrived yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also fitted a Wood Brothers Armrest to my 2016 Yaris Hybrid - can't fault it. It looks manufacturer fitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wood Company Italy armrest arrived & fitted. Just shoved it into the rear central cup holder. Well made and sturdy, stitching matching the seats. I never used the three long screws intended for stability. Really not needed 👍

On 2/13/2020 at 8:24 AM, Dean58 said:

I have also fitted a Wood Brothers Armrest to my 2016 Yaris Hybrid - can't fault it. It looks manufacturer fitted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi Bernard could you send us some pictures, especially interested to see how much it gets in the way of the handbrake?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emran said:

hi Bernard could you send us some pictures, especially interested to see how much it gets in the way of the handbrake?

Hi Emran, no need to send pictures, it doesn’t hamper me using the handbrake at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can also confirm that the armrest does not restrict in any way the use of the handbrake.

Hi Bernard. Glad you like it. I am now off the tablets. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 7:48 AM, Bemused2 said:

I can also confirm that the armrest does not restrict in any way the use of the handbrake.

Hi Bernard. Glad you like it. I am now off the tablets. LOL.

Good to hear that Martin, addiction might have set in. 👏. Now Toyota Yaris is the only addiction we have to worry about 😂🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this