Do Not Sell My Personal Information

front door interior handles

Howard Bensel

My wife bought a 2020 Rav4. She is finding that the front door interior handle is too far forward to comfortably pull the door closed. Does anyone else have this problem. Is there anyone else who has this problem? Is there something that can be installed further back that will provide a more comfortable leverage point.

I do agree they are too far forward, astonishing error for a manufacturer that's been making cars more than a year or two.

Quite a few people on various groups and YouTube reviewers have complained about their position too.

Couldn't agree more. If I'm in a tight parking spot I have to hold the edge of the door - most annoying. I wonder if there is room for a soft leather strap mounted half over the door edge and half inside.

I noticed this as well, but like anything you adapt and get it to work for you. On the plus side it does mean you are less likely to use too much force and slam the car door.
I will have to ask my wife about this. She has not complained so far.