Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bumper repair

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Thought I'd see what input I get on this one, small issue but annoys me at times.

I purchased my aygo with the front bumper sticking out a little on the passenger side where it meets the fender. I assume it took a knock at some point.

Anyway, I swapped the bumper bracket out for a new genuine part last year, but it made no difference, maybe the bumpers been distorted in some way.

Any ideas on a fix? I thought about finding a way to wedge it in with something, maybe screw it from some where? Or are there any racing stick on latch type things that might push it in place?

20200119_154404.jpg

20200119_154411.jpg

have you thought about heating the bumper from the back non painted side

and then gently move it back into the correct position

37 minutes ago, eygo said:

have you thought about heating the bumper from the back non painted side

and then gently move it back into the correct position

Cheers for the input, hmmm, that would involve removing the bumper, would like to avoid that, I could try heating it from the front with a hair dryer at a safe distance! It simply refuses to click in on a new bracket! Wonder if there is a piece missing off the bumper itself in that corner.

it would probably have to be done from the back as you would have to

overbend the bumper to get the bumper to align correctly as it

will straighten out when you remove any pressure from it

3 minutes ago, eygo said:

it would probably have to be done from the back as you would have to

overbend the bumper to get the bumper to align correctly as it

will straighten out when you remove any pressure from it

Ahh I see. Makes sense. Okay then...if I ever need to remove my front bumper in future for another reason I'll take care of that corner issue at the same time! Recently changed my tensioner for a new one with new drive belt, and installed front fog lamps and thought hell no am I removing the bumper, find it a hassle, getting lazy in old age!

if you remove the screws in the wheel arches and across the slam panel the bumper will actually hinge forward

without the need to remove any screws underneath, you can then heat , adjust and try for fit quickly

The yaris rear bumpers are the same the body clips are made out of cheese (very soft bendy plastic) add that to a flexy bumper, and they don't play nice

leave it till is warms up and it may go back

53 minutes ago, eygo said:

if you remove the screws in the wheel arches and across the slam panel the bumper will actually hinge forward

without the need to remove any screws underneath, you can then heat , adjust and try for fit quickly

That’s a much better plan, I’ll have a crack at it come the weekend, I’m just thinking, if I remove the arch liner completely, it it’ll expose that inner corner of the bumper?

When you say slam panel? I don’t recall any screws

To remove front bumper it’s a few bolts on the top once bonnet is open, a tiny plastic screw under wheel arch at top, and I think a few bolts under bumper secured to the under tray, but I don’t recall slam panel

54 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The yaris rear bumpers are the same the body clips are made out of cheese (very soft bendy plastic) add that to a flexy bumper, and they don't play nice

leave it till is warms up and it may go back

You put it perfect, more like butter than cheese!

Cant wait for the warmer months, plan to machine buff my baby Aygo.

More like string cheese, or the cheap kraft cheese slices, I had a Nissan and the heater ducts were made out of old chocolate box trays