Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car not starting / Oil pressure light red

YoShuey

Hey all.

so about two weeks ago the engine started making rattling noise. I thought it was belt or pully not tight or something. Checked the engine oil and it was all at correct level.

Anyway took it to garage today but they said they not sure, and they need to take some time looking at it. Anyway was going to take it in a couple of days, but car is now failing to start suddenly after driving all day (20-30 miles if that).

engine starter starts to churn but then engine seems to seize up before starting. And then the red oil pressure light comes on.

also the other day the car randomly stalled, just as my missus was moving the car in the morning. It was a cold morning too so don’t know if that matters.

any ideas? I’m going to take to garage anyway if I can get car started - but just want to know if anyone has encountered this before. Ps I do oil changes every year without fail. Car is just over 60k miles

should I possibly get it recovered instead of driving 5 miles to garage?

Something isn't right there a compression test should tell you, the signs are not good (poss a failed oil pump) - it will be cheaper to put a engine in it than replace parts tbh

i would get it towed to the garage

edit, a quick look a used engine £3-500 delivered

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links