Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Research

Dp_uk

Hi, you can get one from Toyota or just buy of eBay and fit it yourself. If you go for the second these are good quality, fits bolt on and look as original equipment : 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283702663688

you can also use some security bolts to add extra protection : 26002SU Wheel Lock Bolts SU M12 x 1,25, flat seat, shaft length 34,5 mm, Overall length 63,0 mm, Hex size 17mm, Key diameter 25,8 mm https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0048EJNNY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_G99nEbGCJP6WJ

Those were my choice since there is no warranty against theft at least they does not cost much, I fitted them, and I know I did something. 

6958A65D-5B66-4A81-B5E2-B561A7FFEB94.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Hi Tony, have you had any negative results (ie: rattles etc) from fitting your cat protection plate?

Hi, 

I have no troubles at all, I did same job on both our cars without any issues. If you add some extra metal rods or wire to the plate then may need some adjusting because will become not that flexible, and may not flex well when tightening the bolts. In my case there is enough gap between the exhaust pipe and the cover, however the metal plate touches the high voltage cable fixture to the right and the fuel and brake lines to the left, It is not a problem though as does not put pressure on them, this is important to watch for when fixing it. Here some more pictures of my work: 

Regards 

F76793E7-03A1-4179-A87E-477C9A25DBF8.jpeg

068F5F95-82BE-4515-A5AB-885923D9E1BA.jpeg

4D914E9A-8B78-430B-99F7-AEFED0581623.jpeg

65E5C537-CCB5-4C6A-8CDB-5E2C72CA80E1.jpeg

0A0CDE35-7AD8-4D81-9B19-49D1567E57A0.jpeg

F3DCFA26-D1FD-40E1-ACDF-DB800050E62C.jpeg

4C277DB9-6F7F-4308-8DD0-4EFDCDB5167C.jpeg

2C9499CC-1135-4E9F-8E1B-604148AE6A4E.jpeg

AB751AB4-AC5E-48C1-9074-9565FC1025BE.jpeg

284AECDD-DF95-4BE5-AB5C-489AB9EBCBC9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got my Auris booked in for a catlock fitting on monday, but they wont fit wheel nut bolts on my behalf.

Is it an easy job to fit wheel nut bolts myself, once catlock is fitted ??

Thanks 

Yes it is, if same bracket been used to hold the cat plate, just buy some bolts , undo the original one and fit the security one, there are verities of bolts on Amazon and eBay, the size matters M12x 1.25 are mine, If you have  auris gen 2 you need to check but most likely are the same . 
Regards 

3 minutes ago, Dp_uk said:

No idea if a have Gen 2 or not 

What year is your Auris?

8 minutes ago, Dp_uk said:

Registered 2016

First generation 2007-2012, second generation Dec 2012-2019.

So yours is second generation.

These are the best , I bought them too. They have an id number , in case you misplaced the lock tool. Manufacturer can make you a replacement. 
They do protrude little bit but there are not the lowest point under the car, don’t think any of us will go off-roading with those Toyotas anyway. 
Regards 

@TonyHSD Would these security bolts be the same choice for a Prius gen3 2010? Or perhaps a different size?

Prius Gen 3 share same chassis with Auris gen 1, the bolt size is the same M12x 1.25 , 30mm long , that bolts are slightly longer at 34mm but I fitted them without any problems on both my cars. There are also cheaper varieties : febi bilstein 27053 Wheel Bolt Kit lockable, pack of one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006DHVDQO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_1aOoEb1XPSWNE, eBay may be even cheaper. 
Regards 

@TonyHSD Thanks for that info. I watched the mechanics fitting the plate for me. It was quite substantial and they reckoned that it would be too difficult for a crook to remove the bolts without serious lifting mechanism and powerful pneumatic bolt tools. Some of the bolts were seriously long, 100mm or thereabouts. I'll check out your references though. I used this company: Hybrid MOT Co, Hybrid MOT Centre , 44 Bideford Avenue , UB6 7PP

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-PRIUS-09-15-CATALYTIC-CONVERTER-ANTI-THEFT-PROTECTION-PLATE-WITH-FITING/113983002524?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 8:44 AM, TonyHSD said:

Prius Gen 3 share same chassis with Auris gen 1, the bolt size is the same M12x 1.25 , 30mm long , that bolts are slightly longer at 34mm but I fitted them without any problems on both my cars. There are also cheaper varieties : febi bilstein 27053 Wheel Bolt Kit lockable, pack of one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006DHVDQO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_1aOoEb1XPSWNE, eBay may be even cheaper. 
Regards 

Hi Tony, I always thought the Prius Gen3 was a longer wheel base compared to Auris gen 1. Certainly more rear footwell space in a Prius, one reason I thought they made good taxis. Whether this makes a difference to the point you was making I don’t know.

Hi Joe, 

even is a longer wheel base the difference is after the b pillar under the car going backwards somewhere. Fronts are absolutely identical, the guy I bought the cat plates said to me that he never fitted one to auris gen 1 and told me I may want to buy for auris gen 2, however watching the pictures between Prius gen 3 and Auris gen 2 I see the differences in brackets, then I compare the brackets of gen 1 Auris and they matched the Prius gen 3 from 2009-2016 which shares same platform with Auris gen 1 from 2007-2012. I even sent the guy some pictures and he made a new listing for Auris gen 1 and it is the same plate as Prius gen 3. Either of them you buy will fit your wife’s Auris gen 1 hybrid.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283750097763

Here some pictures to clarify the difference between auris gen 1 and gen 2, gen 2 has wider body, different brackets. 

Regards 

7D9B4D71-3AFE-4C9B-B75F-2ED4A68B5557.jpeg

4F07EB42-FCAE-4771-AD9C-19327F4A09FF.jpeg

9034D315-E4A7-4BA0-AC60-BBCF8DC3C828.jpeg

• Like 2

3 weeks ago I bought a cat cover off eBay for my 2015 auris and had 16mm steel bar welded to the long edges. Its bolted on using the original brackets and bolts and then decided to fill over the 6 bolt holes with POR 40 fibreglass reinforced car filler as much cheaper than the locking bolts. A couple of coats of underseal to tidy.

Hope the filler slows removal down and the thief gives up! Hope it wont need removing until exhaust replacement, or hammer and chisel job!

I will also de Badge my car thanks to the handy how to.

James.

Tony, thanks for photos. The plate seems a bit flimsy, what is it ....2mm. Is that going to be easy for the thief simply grind through?    Notice that James (and others) welds a bar on the longer edge. Is that the solution?

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Tony, thanks for photos. The plate seems a bit flimsy, what is it ....2mm. Is that going to be easy for the thief simply grind through?    Notice that James (and others) welds a bar on the longer edge. Is that the solution?

Yes, pressed 2mm galvanised steel. Mine in pic. Note the bars spot welded each end. Sure suspect it can be cut. Hoping saw blade breaks if get that far while cutting through bars and plate. See my unsightly filler over the bolt holes that I undersealed.

James.

Plate.jpg

• Like 1

Not flimsy imo, even though mine is only 1.2mm thick., if thieves have time whatever we do will not stop them. There is also another place that you can access the cat manifold bolts super easily, if thieves know that there is no need to do much more from what I have done, they can still undo those 2 bolts, cut from the same spot and nick the cat itself without need to cut or remove the plate, ppf  or cut exhaust pipe near the middle silencer.
My point is just do the basic preventive measures and hope be lucky. 

1: All hybrid badges and emblems removed

2. Instal a cat plate with or without extras., security bolts, wires, rods, etc.

3. Park the car the way that will be most difficult for them to work on and not using a handbrake where possible.

I ve done all that little bit late, after we had one of ours targeted. I hope no trouble anymore in future. 

• Like 2