Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple CarPlay coming for the Camry?

M1hack

I’m considering a Camry for my next company car. Some markets already have Apple CarPlay as standard. Does anyone know if this is planned for the U.K.?

There has been no news so far

On 1/22/2020 at 3:23 AM, M1hack said:

I’m considering a Camry for my next company car. Some markets already have Apple CarPlay as standard. Does anyone know if this is planned for the U.K.?

According to Toyota, no.

I asked Toyota Customer Relations online and they responded with: 

Hello Adam, Thank you for your email and congratulations on your purchase. To answer your question, at this time we have had no communication to suggest there is going to be a retrofit made available for the Camry to include Apple Carplay and Android Auto for the UK market, I'm afraid. I'm sorry for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for contacting Toyota Customer Support.

51 minutes ago, LangstoneLayabout said:

To answer your question, at this time we have had no communication to suggest there is going to be a retrofit made available for the Camry to include Apple Carplay and Android Auto for the UK market,

The OP's question isn't regarding a retrofit, but when Carplay/Auto may be standard.

To add further confusion - my local dealer very explicitly says it’s now standard... but Toyota still say not... 

23 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The OP's question isn't regarding a retrofit, but when Carplay/Auto may be standard.

Oh. I'll consider myself told then.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links