Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ambient Temperature Sensor

Irondave5110

Morning all. The ambient temperature sensor on my wifes 2003 Corolla is reading minus 30. I have fitted a brand new sensor, There is 5 volts going to the sensor, I have disconnected the Battery. But no luck. Can any body give me any guidance or tips please.

Hi,

Cannot find much in the way of wiring details for that sensor and not sure if its on a similar display to my later dgital display panel ?

Assume the cable has just 2 wires ?

The voltage reading may be misleading, the way to test the sensors , is to ideal bring them inside for 30 mins so they are in a temp of around 20c + , and then measure between the two connector pins with your resistance meter, it should measure( Haynes manual data)  about 1.6k ohms to 1.8k ohms at 25c, so at 20c ( typical room temp) the resistance ( if a NTC)  will probably be a bit lower.

Would compare with your old one and see if that is different ?

Thank you Oldcodger for your reply. Yes it is a two wire sensor. I shall investigate further.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links