Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T27 Fuel economy display

MikeEH

Had my T27 for a couple of months now, and the multi-information display was set to Range. I have now set it to fuel economy (mpg) and I find that no matter what I do, or where I go it constantly reads 35.4mpg. As the same display on my old T25 used to go up and down like a slow yo-yo, depending on where and how I was driving, it appears to me that the T27 display is stuck...but how can a digital display get stuck? Has anyone else had this problem?

Probably i has not been reset for a very long time.

Try to reset it.

• Like 1

Thanks. Don't suppose you could tell me how to reset? Didn't get the owners manual with the car. Thanks again.

You can download the owners manual, but only as early as 2011. Go to My Toyota - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

The average MPG doesn't move much. But look at the instruction to zero the readout. Press DISP button or switch longer than 1 second whilst average consumption is displayed to zero.
image.thumb.png.8b8e49b483ec12e4d5a3bca735d5f2bd.png           image.thumb.png.7a8962acce666ffc3d1cda31e73ae949.png   

Then there is the instantaneous fuel consumption. image.thumb.png.8a8e12d9592cacab1e674cd7b52c510d.png

I have the earliest 2009 T27 and the manual very similar to the one you can download. 

Hi there,

I would recommend a reset too, we do this every now and again when it stays at one reading, simply hold down that same button that you press that takes you to this reading till it resets, easy one!

When it stays at one reading, that would usually indicate a long term average over a lot of miles. When you reset, it will be a less accurate short term reading over a relatively short distance, for a while at least. As you add miles, it will again stabilise at a fairly accurate long term average. I used to reset every fill up to try to get an idea of miles per tank, but lately I have been letting mine run up a long distance average.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MikeEH said:

Thanks. Don't suppose you could tell me how to reset? Didn't get the owners manual with the car. Thanks again.

Press the button to switch the display to MPG, then hold that button for longer until it resets. Same procedure like you would reset the trip meter and etc.

Thanks for all your replies/advice. I have now reset the display and it seems at the moment I'm getting 29.7mpg. Think I should have left it as I was getting 35.4mpg before I reset it......😄

Give it a tank or two and it should be more accurate. Winter kills the mpg, especially if you do short trips.

• Thanks 1

It will probably creep up over the miles, especially if you do any decent amount of motorway travel. It may also encourage you to think about the way you drive and use or waste the energy of your car's fuel. This could lead to a more economical driving style, or it could frustrate you into driving with a lead foot, lol. It goes both ways with me,  I get easily bored by too much economical driving.

• Like 1