Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rear dash cam in the sports tourer

Cbatoday

anyone fitted a rear facing dash cam in the corolla sports tourer and if so where did you place it

I fitted a Roadhawk Vision when I got my TS last May, fitted in the middle of the rear screen at the top using the 'sticky' pad.  They were selling them for £40, no viewing screen but has it's own wi-fi which connects to your phone via their app.  Nice and small and does not obstruct the view out the back, plugged into the power outlet in the boot.

• Like 1

Ok will take a look at this position for mine

Just be aware of the cameras size, the one I have is only about 3/4" in diameter so it's obstruction out the rear window is minimal!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, Sidrat said:

I fitted a Roadhawk Vision when I got my TS last May, fitted in the middle of the rear screen at the top using the 'sticky' pad.  They were selling them for £40, no viewing screen but has it's own wi-fi which connects to your phone via their app.  Nice and small and does not obstruct the view out the back, plugged into the power outlet in the boot.

Did you feed the power wire through the inspection plate in the top plastic tailgate trim and through the rubber bellows that the other wires are fed through from the tailgate to the main body

12 hours ago, Cbatoday said:

Did you feed the power wire through the inspection plate in the top plastic tailgate trim and through the rubber bellows that the other wires are fed through from the tailgate to the main body

Yes, I used some wire to feed through the bellows and once through attached the power cable and pulled it back through it.  I found it easier to detach the bellows from the body, get the cable through and once in place re-attach the bellows. 

Find attached a couple of photos of my installation, the power adaptor I found I needed to put a couple of turns of insulating tape around it to make it a tight fit as it was sometimes losing connection, once I had 'packed' it not had a problem!

1580637518132841981165.jpg

15806375944921648282872.jpg