Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota UK unable to provide software update for new 2019 Corolla  hybrid.

PACorolla

On 1/24/2020 at 7:26 PM, OXYGEN said:

That is interesting. Then who’s providing the service and who pays for the bandwidth? Thousands cars sending daily trip data is lots of  MBs.

Is it a mobile data service? If so how Toyota managed to make agreements with the mobile operators in all of the countries? Including non-EU ones where we know what are the roaming data prices...

On my Honda Civic similar data was sent to Honda and then to my phone via a dongle in the engine management port containing a sim card. I got it for free. I think it was about £200 for three years if you paid. My understanding is that the data goes to Honda anyway and is used to monitor the vehicle (spy in the cab?). The paid for bit is being able to see (some of?) the data yourself. I'm assuming the Toyota system is similar.

Devon Aygo: Thank you for the offer, but, having wound them up and pointed them in a given direction, I now feel a sense of obligation to Listers of Cheltenham. Do you mind if I show them this topic discussion?

Yes, I have entered all the details in the car's head unit and Toyota online works. I get the 'add a camera' icon on the map and I can use 'street view' on the map destination, etc.

By the way, a cautionary note to all. I have just been checking my details in my 'My Toyota' account and noticed that the flag alongside my mobile number was Russia!  I  have now corrected that.