Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Key Remote Circuit Board Lost

NobbyTucker

Hi, I have lost the circuit board insert out of the 2 button remote control on my 2001 Yaris and need to replace it. 

Annoyingly the screw pulled through the plastic key fob and the circuit board is now lost (the car wouldn't start without it, so I got home on the bus and returned the following day with the spare key!).

As I still have the (empty) key and fob and a spare remote, can I just replace the circuit board (H144 it looks like) with a circuit board from a breakers yard and will I also have to have the replacement circuit board reprogrammed?  Thanks.

Yaris key.jpg

You will need to program the immobilizer, be aware there are 3 different types of key (transponders) so you need to get the correct one, somewhere on the key it will have the make

it also depends on where the car was built

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You will need to program the immobilizer, be aware there are 3 different types of key (transponders) so you need to get the correct one, somewhere on the key it will have the make like valeo

That's brilliant Bob, thank you, really helpful and that hadn't shown up when searching. The programming looks straightforward if I can get the right key.

The key doesn't have any markings anywhere inside or out, other than a blurred H144(?) on the transponder.

I did some searching and both Yaris keys on eBay at the moment are Valeo, so I assume they won't work...  and a call to my main dealer says that they now don't sell the transponder circuit board seperately, so its £120 for the key, and I did get a part number of 89070-52081.

My new plan is to visit my local breakers for some keys to try programming unless you have any better ideas?  Thanks again.

Thats a id4c transponder key, tbh most keys at breakers yards end up in a large tub so its pot luck and i very much doubt you will be able to test them

A quick look on eBay, https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1816845578

had a quick look on the epc Its a jap build yaris (usually the 1.3) Vin starts with JT (French built ones are VNK)

• Thanks 1

Great thanks Bob. 

I did the breakers thing and you were right, a big shopping bag full of keys!  They wanted £5 and were happy for me to test.  I found 3 similar Toyota keys, 1 Vareo and 2 had fallen apart like mine, so this looks like a regular fault with these keys and I'm going to wrap some tape around the remaining key!

I now have a new flippy key case on order from China for £11 so all well and thanks again for your help.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Upgraded-Remote-Key-Fob-433MHz-4D67-for-Toyota-Echo-Yaria-1999-2005-89070-52081/132754528204

• 1 year later...

Hello guys, iv done the dreaded thing of losing my circuit board inside the key, again because of a faulty screw, the car won’t start now and am clueless as to what to do please please help!